Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 08:20:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dan McMurphy UPDATE  (Read 1058 times)
Ace

Ignore
« on: January 05, 2007, 06:33:30 AM »

Got settled in yesterday from our trip and called Dan! I told him all about the rally and being able to meet his Brother Dennis and how Jack made mention to everyone before dinner about his unfortunate accident. I told him about the funds that were accumalated from all of us bus nuts who didn't even know him. He was really excited and overly pleased that people he has never met before or helped in any way himself, would step up and do something like this. We discussed presenting the funds that were given to me, to be given to him and that has been all worked out. Before I forget, Susan's job (Fed Ex) gave her a nice calender that came from the Hartford Insurance company that we decided to pass on to Dan along with the funds. It's called "The Power of Ability". Every month has a different sports figure that has in the past lost a limb or two. Along with each photo there is a saying for instance, December 2006 photo of Ralph Greene, an alpine skier in Vail Colorado shown on one leg going thru some gates on a downhill slalom. The inspirational saying is "Don't be afraid to be Different". It goes on and on for the whole year of 2007 and we feel it came at a good time to pass on to Dan.

Hartford is a founding partner of the U.S. Paralympics

Another thing that Dan told me was that he went out and looked at his bus. Hmm, he and his brothers decided it was way too much work to re-build BUT, they DID decide to remove all the good stuff from it and install it on a donor bus which he already has his eyes on.

He also said he is a candidate for prosthetics. That made his day too so he will soon have legs under him so he can get around! The doctors originally told him he would be laid up for about 9 weeks or so but he was home in just about 2. He owes all of his, and our prayers to god for that!

Take my word on this, Dan is NOT a quitter and doing what he has so far is good proof of it! Heck I look for him to be at the next rally if I push him enough!

Anyway, all is taken care of and if I hear of anything else, I'll be sure to pass it on!

Dang, I almost forgot... Dan couldn't say enough about how much he thanked each and every one of you for doing this to help him and his family. You couldn't hear it personally but I did, and he does thank you ALL very much!

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Rich (Prevost)

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 02:53:54 PM »

Ace,

It's great that you are keeping in touch with him. I'm sure that he really appreciates you as a new friend.

I have a great friend that has MS & has been in a wheel chair for most of his life. He really appreciates the time I spend with him. Just me asking him if he wants to go to the store with me makes his day.......He is a computer genius, but cannot drive. it's the little things that we take for granted every day......

Rich
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 03:48:24 PM »

Thanks Rich but Dan is not a NEW friend. I have known him for some time now until he moved away from his Bus shop in Bushnell Fl. to help do some ministry work in Ms.. I sort of lost contact with him and his ventures but it all surfaced again as you know and I have tried to keep in contact as much as I can without being a pest during these trying times. Everyone that knows me knows how I can be! LOL

Your right when you say we take things for granted! I have really thought long and hard about how I do things now though it's a poor excuse to use your friend and his unfortunate mishap to open your eyes. Should have done it all along!

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 07:18:01 PM »

Ace,

Thanks for the update.

When you talk to him next, would you get an address and send it to Jack and myself so we can send future funds directly to him. Probably easier than passing them between two or three of us, now that he's out of the hospital.

There have been more donations into the Paypal account since the first of the year. I'm leaving Camp Conrad tomorrow, and will leave a check with Jack for what's in there at this time. I'm expecting some checks and possibly more Paypal contributions by the time I get back to MN, and will send them direct to Dan if I have the address, and will update the main thread with the totals at that time. Jack is also finishing up the rally funds and I expect will post the results to the thread at that time.

Give him and his family our best when you talk to him next.

Craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 08:32:42 PM »

Gumpy, if you are traveling up I-95 please stop off in Florence and at least spend a few minutes swapping howdies with Dallas and I.  If you do, I can give you our check while you are here.  If you can't stop, we will be sending the check out this coming week.  Whether or not you stop, be careful out there.  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 05:31:23 AM »

Gumpy, if you are traveling up I-95 please stop off in Florence and at least spend a few minutes swapping howdies with Dallas and I.  If you do, I can give you our check while you are here.  If you can't stop, we will be sending the check out this coming week.  Whether or not you stop, be careful out there.  Cat

Hi Cat (and Dallas),

I'd love to come by, but I think in all reality, I'll probably have to pass this time. I'm leaving Camp Conrad today and heading to a friends in Inglis for about a week, and then I think I'll start working my way back home. But if that changes and I'm in your neighborhood, you'll be the first to know.   Wink 

Take care

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: