Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 12:58:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT: How to get photos unstuck  (Read 1470 times)
captain ron

« on: January 05, 2007, 06:55:11 PM »

I have a stack of old photos of my old Harley. Something spilled on them and they are stuck together and very stiff. Any body know how to get them apart without ruining them? Will soaking them in alcohol work? I don't think I have the negatives any more. Any Photo Buffs out there?
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 11:15:50 PM »

Back in the days before digital, we would "stop bath" our B&W photos with 15% acetic acid... white vinegar if you make the proper dilution. I would try this first, since it would seem to be safe on the photo papers.

Household-strength ammonia might also work, since it has some pretty good "de-stick" qualities to it. Back in my homebrewing days, it made a great bottle label remover. I'm not so certain about it's use on photo papers, so try a small test strip first.

HTH,
Brian B.

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
series60

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 12:16:55 PM »

Not sure about alcohol, but water would probably be the best.  Let them soak for up to 1 hour and try to seperate them.  If you do use any kind of chemical, rinse them in agitated water for at least 15 minutes, changing to fresh water frequently.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 10:08:58 AM »

Ron, I think it takes 3 wreckers! Oh wait a minute that's a stuck bus, not photos! LOL! Seriously if you find a solution let me know I found a bunch of photos that weren't stored properly that have this same problem! Take care, have a great day, and ride safely! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
captain ron

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 10:48:35 AM »

Well I can tell you what not to use  Huh  OOPS  Angry  I ruined the pictures and threw them away  Angry
I soaked them in water to no avail then put them in OOPS and oops! The ink started running when I checked on them but were still stuck together
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: