I wanted to let you all know that I personally have a lot to thank all our vendors that serviced us at the Bussin 2007 Arcadia Bus Rally for. All of them stayed at their rigs all day to answer questions, sell their products or services and did not have the opportunity to wonder around like we all had and this is at every rally they attend. All I did was take photo's for a couple of days and I feel like I got cheated of some enjoyment to be with friends and visit and just do nothing if I choose so I can imagine how these vendors all feel each time they come and make thier booths available for us to get information and products.
I have an apology for Jim Shepherd, I cannot find of locate the photos I have taken of your set up at 2007 Arcadia rally for some reason so I had to submit photos form the 2006 rally but you haven't aged that much so no one will realize it. LOL
I have changed my album of the (2007 Arcadia Vendor) album to have photo's of all the vendors and their rigs but do not have the time to make my normal text comments as to who they all are. I will try to do this in days to come but need a little time away from this computer.
Again Thanks to all the vendors as well as Jack & Paula Conrad for such a great Rally. Here is my personal thanks to these vendors:
(1) Jim & Pat Shepherd, They traveled the longest distance to attend in terrible weather at times and indeed are very, very hard working people. Jim gave Seminars on (Fire Safety, Alarm systems, Engine Swaps). Pat gave her seminar on (Rubber Stamping) and has to be the nicest lady I have met, and it was my pleasure to sing a song for her hard work as she fits the meaning of this song dear to my heart, I hope she enjoyed it.
(2) Sonnie Gray, The great guru of conversions that I hope to be 10% like when I grow up. Thanks for the information on the Engine Swap and of my personal quest with my Eagle and what to do when we were alone.
(3) Alan & Linda Baker, They sat at their bus all day, everyday selling (T-shirts etc) for us to have as momentos of our rally with the quality of screening you could not duplicate anyplace.
(4) Tom & Fran Mason, offered all day, everyday direct Internet Service to us all during the entire rally and it was good to see them get the opportunity to relax on New Years Eve finally with us all and have a great time.
(5) John Palmer, What great information at your seminars on (General Wiring, Solar & Inverters) and personal one on one seminars at your product booth. I got great information I did not realize and it was great meeting you as well.
(6) RTS Pete from Daytona, What a guy, steals heirloom fans and does not pay!! LOL. ONLY kidding, Pete offered information about conversions on a RTS, all his modifications on this bus, selling dash gages for all conversions and various bus parts and a hell of a lot of fun to be with.
(7) Dr Dave and Mary, I appologize for making you feel I forgot you guys parked in the back, I feel terrible but it was completely innocent, I tried to remember everyone and as you said it has to be the reason you were not parked near the building but John was not also. Anyhow I am sorry and you did offer many things for us all to purchase for our buses and wear and I commented to Mary many times how much patience she must have to sit there all day as she did. Now I understand your comment, what a do do I was, again sorry.
Great informative seminars were also given by the following in addition to the above:
(1) Mark Bourget & RJ Long, lots of good information on driving a bus and the attitudes we should all have when we do, how to pre-inspect our rigs before a trip and all around great information we do not normally all think about
(2) Tom Mason on Computer Security, Man was this informative and something we should all attend every year as security on the internet changes DAILY!!. Thanks Tom for the ey awakening.
(3) Steve Gibs & Wife, (I believe & hope), I enjoyed your seminar on the (Natchez Trace Parkway) but did not get to attend the (WIFI) seminar and wish I could have. This is a trip we will look forward to once my Eagle is no longer a tree growing from wooden blocks that are presently still holding her up.
(4) Pat Shepherd, My personal sweetie you might say that I hope you all get introduced to one day, her seminar was on(Rubber Stamping) which again I did not attend but am sure was beneficial to all that did.
(5) Madelene McLean, gave a seminar on (Palm Weaving) which I am sure was informative to all attending.
(6) Roberta Glenn and her assistant whom I do not know at this time by name and appologize for. Roberta and her assistant gave great a great seminar on (Carving Garnishes) which I personally benefited from while we all ate from the belly of the swan that looked great after being made.
(7) Bill Glenn and Nick Baddame, for the karaoke setting up and monitoring for us all to enjoy and you know I had a great time using as well as my granddaughter. Hope you do this often.
Many thanks go to the feature bus owners for allowing everyone to truge into your buses and personal traveling world so that we may all benefit from your hard labor and planning for the design modifications of the inside of your buses. Many thanks to :
Ace Rossi & Susan Coker - (Prevost), John Hiscock - (1952 Mack Bus) & Jim & Sally Valentine - (1948 ACF-Brill).
Oh, and the meals prepared were all great tasting of the highest quality and the chef's were really the nicest people and hardest working I have seen in a long time. Hope they get to cater our next rally as well.
I hope I have not slided anyone, you can tell I was glad we could attend for the entire time this time and again hope to encourage any newbie in particular to come and see these great conversions and meet the people you talk to on the bbd's like Christy, RJ, NCBob, Homegrowndiesel and so many more to just name a few.
Have a great weekend,