Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 25, 2014, 08:08:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need/want a diesel gen set  (Read 2088 times)
frank-id

Ignore
« on: January 07, 2007, 10:01:08 PM »

Diesel gen sets are very expensive.  My old Crown needs a 7 or 8 KW generator.  I lust for a 1800RPM water cooled unit.  Any good connections for a unit?   Frank    in Idaho
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 10:27:38 PM »

Since you're in Idaho, call Dick Wright at Wrico International in Eugene, Or.  He may have a low hour (under 5000hrs) that someone traded in.  Highly recommend you use Onan, Kohler, Powertech, or Wrico.  Stay far away from the odd ball gensets and the ones made in China.  If they break, how do you fix them?  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 07:21:44 AM »

Since you're in Idaho, call Dick Wright at Wrico International in Eugene, Or.  He may have a low hour (under 5000hrs) that someone traded in.  Highly recommend you use Onan, Kohler, Powertech, or Wrico.  Stay far away from the odd ball gensets and the ones made in China.  If they break, how do you fix them?  Good Luck, TomC
Frank, the worst of the worst is Generac, in my opinion. That is also the opinion of many that have posted previously.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
captain ron

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 08:46:40 AM »

If this is Frank Rowe from Idaho you could go see that old man that ripped me off on that tranny and ripped you off on a deal and see what he has and rip him off  Grin  By the way thanks for trying to help me out a couple years ago on that deal.
frank-id

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 01:40:51 PM »

Hey Ron..  good memory.  I always try to help fellow bus nuts.  The man from the bus co has many personal problems.  Bad conduct will find a correct reward.  I am electrician for some 30 years.  Wrico nis very  very expensive.  Because of cost, I'm considering a Honda or Yamaha diesel gen set.  Those units are about $3200.  Most marine units require many changes for an old Crown RV.  My Kohler gas unit works great but the gasoline fuel is a real pain.  The gas always runs out at the most inopportune time.  Any good leads welcome...    Frank
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 03:47:29 PM »

Hello Frank

Space for a larger fuel tank?

If you need talked out of changing your generator....

otherwise, I'm little help.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
gus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 09:26:29 PM »

Frank,

I'm just in the process of installing a Honda EV6010 gas, water cooled gen. This thing is a jewel, weight 217 lbs, dimensions are 27"Wx17"Dx15"H. It has to be placed into a box so that is a bit of work but I have no doubt it is going to be very quiet and easy on gas.

I'm fortunate to have a separate 24gal gas tank on my 4104 which was used for the original AC engine.

This beauty cost me a bit over $3K and is worth every penny. In my opinion diesels are overpriced, overweight, stinky and noisy.  If this thing is like other Honda products it will outlast me!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 10:21:08 PM »

You might check out this 8kW Isuzu unit from Central Maine: http://www.generatorsales.com/order/800TS.asp?page=800TS

Good luck,
Brian B.

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: