Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 22, 2014, 03:42:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morse Cable, Where to buy?  (Read 2278 times)
Dreamscape

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 12:51:44 PM »

That is the same concern I have. Not being able to "feel" the repsponse.

Maybe more help will come with this topic.

Thanks,

Paul

Dreamscape
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 03:04:33 PM »

Paul, I would definitely recommend against an air throttle for a stick shift tranny. I tried one vehicle that had air and manual and I never could get the shifts proper. And I have been double clutching since the 40's so I really think I know how to do it. LOL
Richarc

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 03:30:34 PM »

Paul,  back when I was driving/instructing on 4905's, GM changed from cable to air throttle.  The two coaches purchased the first year were virtually impossible to shift.  When I was instructing, I made sure to never use those two coaches - if I couldn't shift them, I certainly couldn't try to teach others to do so.

Never quite understood why, but it seemed to be the engine losing RPM's too rapidly.  Air throttles on later year coaches were better, but they didn't have the feel available through the cable throttle.  Based on my experience, I would not consider putting an air throttle on our 4107.  As much as I'd like to ease the pressure (sore leg) from the throttle return spring, I wouldn't want to be unable to shift my own bus.

Arthur

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
Dreamscape

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 07:11:39 AM »

OK, cable or rebuild the linkage is what I will do. I do appreciate all the help from everyone!

Now on with the show.

Thanks again,

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: