Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 10:18:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with roadside assistance and a flat tire  (Read 6389 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 07:26:29 AM »

Smiley Grin Cool Hey Brian welcome to the wonderful world of bus maintance! LOL! Hey sorry to hear things have been so rough with the Dina from the start but "Momma says life is like a box of chocolates, an ya never know what ya gonna get!"  Have you found out any more on the over heating issue? Well good luck and keep us posted!  Smiley Cheesy Shocked CoolBusted Knuckle

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 08:25:36 AM »

I have Coach-Net, even for the few miles I travel for monthly exercise runs. Came highly recommended, and I did lots of research.

Coach-Net
900 N. Lake Havasu Ave
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
800.863.6740 - toll free
http://www.coach-net.com/

Somewhat cheaper if you do it thru an association like FMCA, which I did.

CoachNet is the only service plan that requires RV Service Qualification of telephone personnel. There are Certified RV Techs who are on staff 24 hours a day. They've been the plan of choice for many RV/manufacturer clubs.
belfert

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 04:28:50 PM »

Smiley Grin Cool Hey Brian welcome to the wonderful world of bus maintance! LOL! Hey sorry to hear things have been so rough with the Dina from the start but "Momma says life is like a box of chocolates, an ya never know what ya gonna get!"  Have you found out any more on the over heating issue? Well good luck and keep us posted!  Smiley Cheesy Shocked CoolBusted Knuckle

The problem with the tire was two nails.  One punctured the tire and the other did not.  $35 for the repair.

I am taking the bus to C & J Bus Repair in the morning to have the overheating and such looked at.  Had I known what I do now, I may not have purchased this bus.  While fundamentally sound, there are a few big problems and a lot of smaller annoying issues with it.  A few thousand in repairs isn't going to break the bank, but could have bought a lot of fuel. 

I'm planning to learn how to do some of the stuff like brakes myself or with help of a friend.

Having never driven a bus before, I really didn't know what to expect so a lot of things that would have been obvious to an experienced driver slipped by me.  As the miles went by, I started to find all these things wrong.

Brian Elfert
El-Sonador

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 05:21:39 PM »

The problem with the tire was two nails. One punctured the tire and the other did not. $35 for the repair.

I am taking the bus to C & J Bus Repair in the morning to have the overheating and such looked at. Had I known what I do now, I may not have purchased this bus. While fundamentally sound, there are a few big problems and a lot of smaller annoying issues with it. A few thousand in repairs isn't going to break the bank, but could have bought a lot of fuel.

I'm planning to learn how to do some of the stuff like brakes myself or with help of a friend.

Having never driven a bus before, I really didn't know what to expect so a lot of things that would have been obvious to an experienced driver slipped by me. As the miles went by, I started to find all these things wrong.

Brian Elfert

Don't feel bad Brian...

It is all part of Buss'n

The good, bad & the ugly...

But oh how sweet it is when you're buzzing down the road and everything is just purring along...

Steve
Fred Mc

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2006, 10:35:59 PM »

" Also never ever let anyone try to tow yer bus from the rear unless you want a 43' U shaped piece of scrap for the kids to play in in the back yard!"

About 10 years ago I had to have my bus(GM PD4106) towed from the back. I had lost a both whelles on one side and they used a wrecker to lift up the bus from the back. No damage was done to the bus and it didn't fold like a banana. Of course I also towed a fairly heavy trailer for thousands of miles without the engine falling out on the ground either.

Fred Mc.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2006, 09:31:25 AM »

" Also never ever let anyone try to tow yer bus from the rear unless you want a 43' U shaped piece of scrap for the kids to play in in the back yard!"

About 10 years ago I had to have my bus(GM PD4106) towed from the back. I had lost a both whelles on one side and they used a wrecker to lift up the bus from the back. No damage was done to the bus and it didn't fold like a banana. Of course I also towed a fairly heavy trailer for thousands of miles without the engine falling out on the ground either.

Fred Mc.

Fred you were quite lucky that even though he did a standard no-no in the towing biz, you had an excepyional operator who was well experienced with his equipment in order to do this with out damaging your unit! However most of the time the operators no little to no clue what kinda damage they can do, and end up causing a catastrophie, which is why it's better to pay the price of calling out a "Landoll" or simular trailer and having the unit "hauled" instead of "towed" yes the "Landoll" will cost about 50% more but in my opinion it's cheaper in the long run considering the damages could b in the thousands! Just my 2 cents worth as a heavy duty tow truck operator with over 30 yrs experience in the bisiness! Yes it can be done by a very profesional operator, but these days thhose are few and far between! It's yer coach, yer $, & yer piece of mind! I know I sleep well at night when I do the job the right way the first time with no consequences!! Have  great day and may all your journeys be trouble free where you don't need the services of a "Hook", but then again, that's why we're here to help those who are in need!
Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool Knuckle Cool Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: