Open floor plan, +- 30' of open space.
95% southwest travel. If I spend anytime in freezing temps, I'm doing something wrong!
- Dometic's warranty is better, 3yr vs. 2yr.
- Dometics have three speed fans
- Carrier's large unit has better CFM than Penguins - (365 vs 335...important?)
- Carrier's amp draw is an amp or so less, even the large unit compared to the Penguins
- Blower off when compressor off?
- EMS connectivity / external compressor control possible?
- Remote thermostat possible?
Getting this info from the web has been quite a frustration, and the couple of dealers I've talked to weren't any help.
After looking at the schematics, it appears that it's more straightforward to connect external controls to the Dometics, but I don't have any definitive proof of that.
What I'd like to do is use the manual units, then add external controls later when I get fancy.
Does anyone have any better information than the web sites of both Dometic and Carrier?