Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 27, 2014, 09:33:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Poll
Question: Knowing what you know, which of these options would you now choose?
(2) Penguin 13.5K Heat Pumps - 0 (0%)
(1) Carrier AirV 13.5 Lo-Profile Heat Pump + (1) AirV 15K Heat Pump - 2 (66.7%)
Other - 1 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VOTE! Carbunkle choices for MC9  (Read 683 times)
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« on: January 10, 2007, 08:49:05 AM »

Open floor plan, +- 30' of open space.
NON-ducted.
95% southwest travel. If I spend anytime in freezing temps, I'm doing something wrong! Smiley

Current understandings:
 - Dometic's warranty is better, 3yr vs. 2yr.
 - Dometics have three speed fans
 - Carrier's large unit has better CFM than Penguins - (365 vs 335...important?)
 - Carrier's amp draw is an amp or so less, even the large unit compared to the Penguins

Confusions:
 - Blower off when compressor off?
 - EMS connectivity / external compressor control possible?
 - Remote thermostat possible?

Getting this info from the web has been quite a frustration, and the couple of dealers I've talked to weren't any help.
After looking at the schematics, it appears that it's more straightforward to connect external controls to the Dometics, but I don't have any definitive proof of that.

What I'd like to do is use the manual units, then add external controls later when I get fancy.

Does anyone have any better information than the web sites of both Dometic and Carrier?

Many thanks!
-Chuck
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: