Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 06:57:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK I'm EXCITED OT  (Read 3564 times)
Ace

Ignore
« on: January 10, 2007, 10:58:15 AM »

Been trying and trying for about 1 1/2 years and it finally came. Got a phone call to do an event with my Kettle Corn. The event is at a speedway here local and they really draw mega people. Almost a mini Daytona! Anyway they tell me they want me for all the remaining events! WHOA! Yea, I'm excited! I love racing but I love making money and I haven't made that much lately and was beginning to get a little bored just waiting for the BIG Move!

Anyway for those interested, here's a link to the speedway and their events! I guess it pays to be persistent and patient!

Oh and I can take my coach for the events and stay (dry camping) for free!

Things I hope are looking upward! Now if I can only figure out that onward!

http://www.usaspeedway.com/Index.html

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Eagle

1985 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 12:45:08 PM »

Ace just keep it popping.
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 12:53:30 PM »

Ace-

I'm happy for ya; why don't ya send some of the kettle corn up this way...

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
JimC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 04:22:12 PM »

Hey Ace,
Don't forget one of the BIG advantages,
Uncle Sam will pay for the Fuel!!!

JimCallaghan

4106 - 8-71/730
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
between Milwaukee & Madison
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 04:25:13 PM »

ACE,

Need A Hand? ? ? ?

Lots of luck to you!

Nick-

PS. I can see you down there ACE...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 07:43:52 PM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 04:59:04 PM »

Thanks everyone!

Jim uncle same can pay for the fuel but he will get off cheap this time since the track is only about 7 miles from as the crowq flies! Heck we even hear the cars running some days when they practice!

Yea we're excited because it's reallyhard to get in there as a vendor but were in now and we know from being spectators that there is always a lot of people at the races and that means $$$$    Wink

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 05:06:18 PM »

YIPPEE!!!!!!!  Way to go Ace and Susan!!   Wish you lots of luck and lots of cash!!!!  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
LUKE at US COACH

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 05:11:44 PM »

Hi Ace, Susan and Folks:

It is always nice to here that "Good Things" are happening for "Good Folks"!!!

Best wishes and Good Luck!!!! in your New Venture.

Happy & SAFE!! Bussin' to All.

LUKE at US COACH
Linda-4104-FL

Night Coach

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 06:11:13 PM »

Hey, way to go, Ace!!  Good luck and happy popping!

Linda & Kirby
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 07:26:09 PM »

Go Ace,

Don't forget to burn the a batch every now and then so the aroma will get around and draw your crowd.

Good Luck!!

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 05:09:12 AM »

Thanks again everyone.

Luke nice hearing from you bud, but to be honest, I wouldn't call this a NEW venture since we've been doing it now going on our 3rd full year but I would say it's a NEW venue!  Grin

These are the type events that vendors live for! I've done the small one dayers and made money and some one nighters that REALLY paid good but these type like the speedway where there are mega people that last mostly all day and into the next morning for at least two days and sometimes three are REALLY high profit days!

Who would ever guess poppin corn would be a money making job? I never thought I would be doing it but here I am!

Oh heck while I'm at it... Here's one of those shameless plugs I keep seeing on here!

Here's our web site which I guess I should update with new news, new phone number and 2007 event dates!

http://thunderhollowcompany.com/

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Paso One

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 06:07:24 AM »

When I read the caption  I thought for sure you got the Property.. Oh well thats next.   Good score Ace.

68 5303 Fishbowl 40' x 102"
6V71  V730 4:10
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 06:11:21 AM »

Ace, during Speed Weeks in Florida, Dirt Late Models also run down there in your neck of the woods, they draw huge crowds and the car counts are way up there! Here is a link for the dates http://www.lucasdirt.com/upcomingevents.htm  These are Dirt Late Models, they are fast, wild and fun! If you don't get dirt in your beer it isn't racing!  Ace if you need to keep busy here you are give them a call!        Pat

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 07:05:19 AM »

Paso maybe I forgot to mention but yes we did get the house and the property. Kind of forgot about it since we are just waiting on the bank to do their job and then we go to closing. Should be around the end of Jan to middle of Feb.

Were excited about that as well other than that just means no more goofing off for me during the day. I will have plenty of work to do especially when I start to tear down a small existing building which brings up another question. Anyone know of a pole barn  or steel building builder in the Tampa area? We want to put up a building to house all my tools/boxes and machinery like welders, torches, lathe, mill, 4x8 steel table, etc.! Then we will want to add on a roof over for the bus to sit under off to one side of the building. Don't really want to enclose the roof over I don't think, unless of course we can afford a large enough building to hold it all bus included! The reinforced concrete is already down so that expense is done! If not then the tool building will have be done pretty quick as there is nowhere to put all my junk!

Muddog, thanks for the link! I will definitely check them out.

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Paso One

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 07:44:11 AM »

Thats great!  If you posted that you got the property I missed it.  Build a shop to park the bus and there will be lots of room to store the tools Smiley

Of coarse it's easy for me to say as it is a must in our part of the world.  We just came thru a 20 hour blizzard leaving 25 cm of snow with 90 km wind which stacked it up high.  thanks Colorado Smiley   Paul

68 5303 Fishbowl 40' x 102"
6V71  V730 4:10
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: