Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 09:04:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Detroit Diesel DDEC I to DDEC IV conversion  (Read 4976 times)
Zeke1

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2007, 09:24:37 AM »

Hello, I'm putting a new 6V92 Detroit Diesel in my MC 9 at the Detroit dealer in Tucson. It will need to be upgraded from DDEC I to DDEC IV. The dealer says that going from DDEC II to DDEC IV is easy, but the wiring for DDEC I is different, and will need to be changed. They are willing to tackle it, but don't have any information on the swap. Does anyone out there know of anyone who has done this, or have any sources of information to help?  Thanks, Zeke.
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 01:30:59 PM »

Zeke, make sure you have wiring schematic diagrams for your coach. They will also need wiring diagrams for DDEC 1 and DDEC 3/4.
I have done DDEC 2 to DDEC 3/4 conversions, also Allison ATEC to WTEC controls too - had to install entire new harness for WTEC.
I'll check to see if I have any DDEC 1 stuff, DDEC 3/4 info is real common, they should have no problem with that.
Good luck.
Sammy  Cool

NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 11:43:40 AM »

Zeke, I've had a very good experience with an atec-ddec electronics rebuilder in Mn. They sell all the wire harness and electronic parts you need and are very reasonable in their pricing. What DD wanted over $1500 for they had for under $200. (atec selector pad). They are General Diesel and Electronics. Their phone is 218-262-4553. I spoke with Randy. They next day aired the selector to me and helped me sort out an overspeed code on the phone. When he found out I was a bus converter and not a big shop he sent me an atec manual free and he even paid the postage!

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: