Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
November 18, 2017, 10:35:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My son passed away - Gregory Fowler  (Read 7858 times)
lou432

1966 MCI-5A 35`

Ignore
« on: December 01, 2015, 01:28:44 PM »

Hello all. Still a newbie and have not driven my bus north yet for many reasons including my last drive up date was Oct 1st (week of my B-day) but Sept 08 my son Gregory 37 years old and my 14 year work partner died of an accidental Heroin over dose.Although it was not Heroin it was Fentinol ( a cutting drug) He was 36 hours away from rehab and "just needed to get through the next 2 days" He had been struggling with Opiate addiction for 6 years since all 4 his wisdom teeth were removed ,but also had other psychological struggles to cope with that most never knew of .
 Greg`s life story  was Music ! Since 11 yrs old I showed him 4-5 cords on the guitar and off he went !! Singing,playing nearly every instrument known playing all by ear with no formal music theory ,wrote thousands of songs was a great artist. Jewelry, drawing,painting composing and a superb actor in many plays and rock operas so much more! His voice was known locally as the best voice range around. One local almost famous musician/music store owner said " that Greg had more talent in his right pinky finger than any musician he ever meet!"
 It would take more time and more space to give him real justice as a human and my first son than I could have ever imagined even when he was alive .
 One thing we as parents never think we`ll ever have to do is make the funeral arrangements for one of our Children! Sitting there as they ask so many things from how to prepare the body to how many hours of Funeral hall to purchase etc.... but the one that I never thought of was ,How many people do you think will attend??? I looked at his 29 yr old Brother my 2nd born Brandon and I said "5-50??? And Brandon said "sounds about right" Well ,,,, we didnt truly know how many people he had touched and encouraged even through the last 6-10 difficult years until the line was nearly a block down the street and they had to almost push us out of the hall and later at the church for their evening services.
 8 hours of service time with both and hundreds of people from all over like New Orleans,He Lived and performed there, many from New York,RI, Conn, GA, KY, VT etc...
 He recorded some music at Capital Records in CA 8 years ago, Drove a 72 Winnebago Brave we restored around the US for awhile and most recently became a Father of a beautiful Boy/my Grandson Jeagan which he only was able to see 1 time the day he was born because of his addictive and psychological issues.

To sum it up , I only wanted to say , Ive lost a Child, I`m not looking for sympathy or a helping hand. Just  want you to know I`ve lost something dear! I want you to know my child was here . My child left something behind know one can see. I just wanted you to know my child did exist!   ((((Excerpts from a poem " My Child Did Exist" ))))))
  Back on the bus subject ,was planning on Arcadia again this year but was thinking of saying screw in and driving it north in January instead but decided against as probably not the right time of year and frame of mind. So till next time. Hold all that you love very very close to you and no matter the adversity's tell them you love them and will help them any way you can/will  because it may very wellbe the last time you will ever see them ! God bless us all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know he has blessed me even through this tragedy !!  
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:32:37 AM by HighTechRedneck » Logged
lou432

1966 MCI-5A 35`

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 02:03:25 PM »

Moderator. Move this to proper thread if needed. I Just saw the final arrival thread.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 02:06:19 PM »

I hear you Lou. I wish your son had been able to beat it. I would have liked to hear him play.

I'm sorry you have to go through this, but I hear you.

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
digesterman

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 02:09:52 PM »

So sorry to hear of your loss, no words can cover the loss of a child

Lee
Le Mirage XL 45E
Detroit Series 60
470HP
111,230 original miles (11-2015)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Webmaster

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 07:43:42 AM »

My condolences and prayers go out for you.  Loss of a child, no matter what their age, is a parent's worst nightmare.  May God give you comfort in your time of loss. 
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 09:11:01 AM »

It is a tragic story and I hear your hurt.  Your words of remembrance for your son are touchingly heartfelt -- I wish you peace and comfort, in God's due time.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Bill Gerrie

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 01:26:47 PM »

So sorry for your loss Lou. What a beautiful tribute to your son you have written. You are so right in that a parent should never be the one to bury their children. My heart goes out to you.
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 01:42:16 PM »

My profound condolences to you...

MCI 102C3 8V92, Allison HT740
Formally MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
goldgiter

Quit'n Time

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 02:08:26 PM »

Lou my heart hurts for You, i can feel your pain and sense of helplessness as we are dealing with some of these same issues ourselves. May God comfort you and yours.

Wes

85 Eagle Model 10
Timmonsville SC
2 miles from I 95/ I 20 intersection
DKO

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 02:22:36 PM »

As a preacher I am expected to have the right words to say at times like these but the fact is, most of the time I do not have a clue what I should say. I do know how to cry with you and me and my family are doing that right now. God help.

Davy

Home is where you go when there's no place else to go!
1995/96 Prevost XL Vantare
oltrunt

A fine BCM outting

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 02:33:04 PM »

I am so sorry for your loss,  We recently lost a young son-in-law to a brief bout with cancer and share your pain.  Keep your Dear Ones close and talk to one another and let time pass is the best advice I can give.  Jack
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 02:55:15 PM »

So sorry for your loss.  Cannot imagine the pain you must be feeling.

Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 03:25:53 PM »

Every parents greatest fear. My heart aches after reading your post. So very sorry.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Bensmc9

Godspeed

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 06:41:17 PM »

I'm sorry for your loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1983 TMC MC9 (former hound) 6v92 HT740
CrabbyMilton

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 11:51:07 PM »

May the Lord Jesus Christ be with you and your family at this time and forever more.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: