Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 06:48:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing Rubber Hinge On 01 Eagle  (Read 1320 times)
Dreamscape

« on: January 11, 2007, 12:48:23 PM »

I was able to install the rubber hinge on one of the bay doors by myself, and very easily. I would post a picutre but untill our computer is fixed I will resort to a description.

I removed the top hinge aluminum channel, cleaned the track very good. Used a piece of hinge rubber to slide back and forth in the track.
After installing the rubber hinge in the top track, using some lubrication I bought at Wally's World in the personal section, I then mounted it on the door. Again using lube, I slide the top hinge, with rubber hinge, on to the door. That left it at about a 90 degree ange. I used a step ladder to support the door and inserted the top hinge into place, using a couple of small bolts to line it up. Then I clamped the top hinge to the support and installed one pop rivet. After making sure it would line up I started at one end, installing the pop rivets one at a time, working my way to the other end. I must say, I was suprised to how good everything lined up and looked. I figure it took about two hours.

Hope this helps,

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 01:11:40 PM »

Good job Paul, we replaced one of ours that way last summer, it went well. It's not as hard as it looks. Do you have to replace any more?

Pete & Jean
           Fantasy

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
Dreamscape

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 07:14:37 AM »

Pete,

I do have one more to replace, the front baggage door where my genset is. The rest look OK for now. I purchased enough for all the doors just in case.
The slideout for the genset is next. Have you done yours that way? If so how is your frame built?

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 10:01:55 AM »

Paul, My slide came with the generator, a Power tech, It's is professional  built by them, i guess, i don't know.I may have to replace my genset bay door hinge this spring. I also purchased enought for all the doors like you did.

Pete & Jean
             Fantasy

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: