Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 01:15:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturn TOAD,GOOOD /or WORTHWHILE???  (Read 1062 times)
trailblazer2
1999 Thomas Saftliner MVP

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2007, 01:59:20 PM »

I have come to the conclusion,that I will need to replace my current tow vehicle(too small!) I am seeing a lot of Saturns pushing those ole homes up the road,and wonder if they are worthwhile. I found a 1995 SW-2 Locally  for $2500.00 ,with 83,000 miles.
 Does these things do the trick? I have too many vehicles now to buy anything of any value,but I still want something to serve the pupose!
Bill

"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston
Tim Bookmiller
G.M. 4106 #pd1825

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 03:22:22 PM »

I have a 1996 Saturn that I have towed since day one -now have 153,00 miles on it . My next tow vehicle ? Saturn - I have SL2 -put in N - turn key on acc. good to go     Smiley
trailblazer2
1999 Thomas Saftliner MVP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 04:09:54 PM »

TANKS;Tim;
 I bet that 06 does'nt even know she's back there,huh?How do these little cars do on fuel & ride?
Bill

"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston
ulaff

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 05:18:10 PM »

I have a 94 SL2 5 speed that weve been dragging around for the past 10 years it gets about 42 mpg and the rides not too bad for a small car .Their definetly worth looking into
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 05:48:40 PM »

I bought a 95 SW-2 5 speed new and towed it for a lot of miles with good satisfaction. Good fuel econnomy (over 40 mpg) only routine maintenance and maybe a little hard on front tires. It was easy to make the front tires chirp if I popped the clutch. I made one round trip of 6000 miles with the car and it was no Cadillac but not too bad.

I was told that when it is retired, you sell it to a plastic recycling company to made into fence posts then you can "Drive it into the ground"!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: