Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 20, 2014, 10:57:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturn TOAD,GOOOD /or WORTHWHILE???  (Read 1023 times)
trailblazer2
1999 Thomas Saftliner MVP

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2007, 01:59:20 PM »

I have come to the conclusion,that I will need to replace my current tow vehicle(too small!) I am seeing a lot of Saturns pushing those ole homes up the road,and wonder if they are worthwhile. I found a 1995 SW-2 Locally  for $2500.00 ,with 83,000 miles.
 Does these things do the trick? I have too many vehicles now to buy anything of any value,but I still want something to serve the pupose!
Bill

"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston
Tim Bookmiller
G.M. 4106 #pd1825

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 03:22:22 PM »

I have a 1996 Saturn that I have towed since day one -now have 153,00 miles on it . My next tow vehicle ? Saturn - I have SL2 -put in N - turn key on acc. good to go     Smiley
trailblazer2
1999 Thomas Saftliner MVP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 04:09:54 PM »

TANKS;Tim;
 I bet that 06 does'nt even know she's back there,huh?How do these little cars do on fuel & ride?
Bill

"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston
ulaff

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 05:18:10 PM »

I have a 94 SL2 5 speed that weve been dragging around for the past 10 years it gets about 42 mpg and the rides not too bad for a small car .Their definetly worth looking into
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 05:48:40 PM »

I bought a 95 SW-2 5 speed new and towed it for a lot of miles with good satisfaction. Good fuel econnomy (over 40 mpg) only routine maintenance and maybe a little hard on front tires. It was easy to make the front tires chirp if I popped the clutch. I made one round trip of 6000 miles with the car and it was no Cadillac but not too bad.

I was told that when it is retired, you sell it to a plastic recycling company to made into fence posts then you can "Drive it into the ground"!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: