Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 10:12:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rusted nut  (Read 877 times)
freebird

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2007, 06:57:57 PM »

My Eagle 10 is riding low on one side.
I took it to a big rig frame service shop to have the torsion bars adjusted.
They adjusted the front and bogie but spent several hours over several days trying to get the drive axle nuts loose but could not. They used heat and soaked the nuts with PB blaster. No luck.
Are there any other tricks short of cutting the nuts off?
If I do cut them off where canI get new ones?

Freebird 
Dreamscape

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 07:23:09 AM »

Freebird,

If heat does not work it is definatley married to the bolt. Try cutting the nut off with a die grinder and cut off wheel, cut in two places then use a chisel and a big hammer, try not to cut into the threads.
Maybe www.silvereaglebus.com has the nuts you need. They say they have torsalastics in stock.

Good Luck,

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Eagle

1985 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 07:56:27 AM »

Which nut is it?  If it is the nut on top not the one on the end of the bolt it is very very hard to turn.  You have to get the body weight off of the torsilastic by jacking up the body.  They should not have used heat on this as it will weaken the metal.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 08:59:05 AM »

Freebird,

Once you get the rears adjusted I believe you will have to re-adjust the bogies. As I understand it, the front and rear are adjusted for a specific height but the bogies are adjusted by weight (6000 # I think)

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: