Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 04:33:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Genset slide out comments  (Read 3101 times)
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 04:46:43 PM »

Thanks Jim. Your box and install look good too but I have seen it already! LOL

Your unit looks different from mine. I wanted access to the filters AND the wiring so I put mine in WITH the bay which differs from yours! Either one works of course! Smiley

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 10:30:59 AM »

Ace,

What did you use to line you bay with before you installed the slide? It looks so clean and gives a great appearence when you open the bay doors.

Dean
Wvanative

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 12:35:29 PM »

Dean the original floor of the H3 didn't look too heat proof so I simply laid down a sheet of stainless steel. Once the rack was bolted thru the floor with nuts on the bottom, the sheet wasn't about to move or slide around not to mention the weight of the unit itself. It helps to keep it a little cleaner not that I have kept up on it but when I do, it's real easy to wipe drips and such up!

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007, 01:55:11 PM »

In BC Magazine some years ago, someone used a swing away boat trailer jack to support the generator rack when it was extended.  I thought that was a pretty good idea.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 06:04:10 PM »

I did exactly that when I installed a Joey bed for my genset slideout. It works great and we added some strength to the recommended flooring to ensure a longer lasting setup. The joey bed is designed to be as small or as large as you need and has a weight rating from the factory. We added just a bit more structure to reduce the amount of flex. When you pull out the joey bed, we installed the crank wheel that helps with tongue weight and makes it much easier to roll out. If folds up and out of the way when not in use and is very practical.

This provides us with easy access to the genset and even easier basic maintenance.

Good luck!

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
Dreamscape

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2007, 04:29:00 AM »

What is a Joey Bed? I have heard of it but don't know exactly what it is. Can you post a picture?

I think the jack is a great idea.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2007, 02:46:26 PM »

What is a Joey Bed? I have heard of it but don't know exactly what it is. Can you post a picture?

I think the jack is a great idea.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape

Hey Dream,

Count yourself lucky to have heard of one but not know what one exactly is. Not like me who once knew what one was but has forgot what one is or looked like LOL

I call it oldtimers, halfhimers or less himmers than I used to have LOL

Dean
WVanative 

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2007, 04:18:47 PM »

Paul.  here is joey web site  www.joeybed.com

Pete & Jean
              fantasy

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
Dreamscape

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2007, 04:33:39 PM »

Pete,

Thanks for the website post on Joey Beds.

Looks like a well built slide drawer, handles up to 2,000 lbs on one model.

I bet they are pricey as they don't post any.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 06:38:55 PM »

Paul, I was able to pick up two Joey beds via craigslist for $400.00  I am happy with the quality of each unit. I would say that you can safely count on 75% of the suggested weight of each unit. There is a bit of flex built into the unit. We wanted just a bit more strength and added a cross member that seems to have done the trick. I have one Joey for the genset at 750 lbs and one for the maintenance/tool box set up at 450 to 500 lbs. I also added a safety pin to provide a second layer of safety. Do not want a genset to come through a door.

I will get pictures this weekend.

The installation was a breeze and the instructions off the joey bed website were very helpful.

Good luck!

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2007, 04:50:20 AM »

Since I found the square tubing of my frame sitting next to the dumpster where I used to work, total cost was around $200.00 for mine! Not to shabby for home made!  Wink

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Dreamscape

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2007, 06:08:59 AM »

Ace, I like the cost of yours.

I plan to make the frame myself and line the genset bay with some heat and sound proof material at the same time. The stainless you used for the floor is a great idea.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: