Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 05:24:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: luber finer  (Read 3180 times)
jimandsuzy

Ignore
« on: January 12, 2007, 04:00:44 PM »

My 40' 78 Western Flyer 6V92T V730  has a rusted and leaking Luber Finer on it. Any idea where to get a good one? I called a local truck junk yard and they said Huh? Never heard of such. I'm going to patch weld it to get back but it's so rusted I want to replace it before it springs a new leak. I might just leave it out but they put it in for some reason. Thanks for any info. Jim

1978 40' Flyer (Canadian) 6V92T V730
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 04:14:52 PM »

My 40' 78 Western Flyer 6V92T V730  has a rusted and leaking Luber Finer on it. Any idea where to get a good one? I called a local truck junk yard and they said Huh? Never heard of such. I'm going to patch weld it to get back but it's so rusted I want to replace it before it springs a new leak. I might just leave it out but they put it in for some reason. Thanks for any info. Jim

Huh? What is that?
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 04:27:11 PM »

A Lube finer is a secondary oil filter. It cleans the oil down to the smallest microns. In short it makes the oil a lot cleaner.

Pete & Jean
              Fantasy

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
WVObus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 04:29:16 PM »

I had a Luber Finer on a 1970 KW, Do a web search for them, I believe there still being made.  Mine  was used on a 8V71 as a by-pass filter and was hung under the framerail, good luck searching.  Ya might try Luke at US Coach he's old enough to remember them!  Just kiddin Luke. Huh

John F.
BillC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 04:44:55 PM »

Hi  I  think  Luber Finer is an  Filter  Manufacture  of many  filters  you can  cross the  numbers and get the one your local autoparts store carry  Bill  C

1983  Eagle  10 S
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

ready to run with the big dogs

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 04:52:36 PM »

Jim and Suzy

Jim I have a lubefiner that I used to filter my veggie oil and i'm not using it any more and I can pull the element out and you can replace it from any Napa dealer they carry in stock. you pay for shipping and it's yours

LarryH

i'm in Quartzsite AZ

Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 05:06:15 PM »

Jim, what you are looking for is a luber finer 750. I still run them on my trucks, they are easy to find.

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 05:24:12 PM »

I have a brand new Chrome one if your interested...never installed
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 10:42:10 PM »

Just pull it off and change the oil more often.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
jimandsuzy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 08:37:49 PM »

Thanks for all the replys. I couldn't find where I packed my cell charger so have been without internet for the last 3 days.
I had my luber finer welded and it held air pressure so I started off on the rest of my journey. It did start leaking again the 2nd day but nothing like what it was--2 gal in 70 miles. I have made it to my destination and will now replace the filter with one that larryh has offered. Thanks larryh.

larryh
4905A-893 P8M

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 07:54:13 AM »

Jim chk your email for my message to you My friend who is at Barrett Jackson will be back Monday the 22 and I know there is more in his shop if you can wait till mon/tues for me to get it I will send to you.

LarryH

Savvy ponderable:
havin' ta walk,
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,
jimandsuzy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 08:40:05 PM »

Thanks larryh, I can wait.

larryh
4905A-893 P8M

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 07:21:40 AM »

Jim

My friend just had one of his employees drop off a lubefiner as soon as it warms up some only 29 right now I will pull element out of it and find a box to pack it in and will take to post office and get in mail to you.

Larry H

PS Napa stocks the elements for the lubefiner 750 several to choose from

Savvy ponderable:
havin' ta walk,

Quartzsite,
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 02:11:30 PM »

Jim this other filter housing is on it's way prob take 5 days or so to get there.

check your email and I'll send you the cost.

LarryH

Savvy ponderable:
havin' ta walk,

Quartzsite,
dwbruner

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 01:38:39 AM »

Jim,

Search for Luber Finer filters at http://www.luberfiner.com/

Good luck,
Darrin

Darrin Bruner
1985 Eagle Model 10
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print