Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 22, 2014, 07:19:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is This?  (Read 1105 times)
captain ron

« on: January 13, 2007, 07:21:10 PM »

What is this? Do I need it? Or do any of you need it? What's it worth? Bla bla bla!

Class1 Electrical System Manager with display p/n 105228  It's brand new and don't want to put it on ebay till I find out what it is and if I can use it
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 04:30:42 PM »

Hi Ron,

Need more info..

How about a pic. and a brand name.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
captain ron

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 05:15:52 PM »

Here's the link to it

http://www.class1.com/products4.asp?productid=76
captain ron

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 07:52:45 PM »

I can't believe with all of this electrical knowledge on here somebody hasn't been able to tell me anything about this  Cry
Nusa

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 03:33:15 AM »

You provided the link to the info, including the manual: http://www.class1.com/products/manuals/ESM_Manual.pdf

Seems pretty comprehensive.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 05:50:15 AM »

Sure seems like a pretty neat device. I am surprised that nobody seems to have heard of it before.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 05:53:23 AM »

Ron:

It is an electrical load manager. Class 1 makes a lot of those, mainly for the emergency vehicles industry. We have that setup on one fire engine and one ambulance at our fire station. Besides a giving a digital readout, all or some of the electrical loads are controlled thru the device. Depending on how the operator sets it up, the monitor can either engage the fast idle option or "shed" some of the load in a low voltage situation.

Example: Fireman (engineer) arrives on scene and leaves engine at idle with all emergency lights and head and running lights on. Battery is quickly discharged due to large load & alternator not turning enough to keep up.  If pump is not engaged (we donít want nozzle pressure to go from 50# to 175# with no warning!), manager will engage fast idle to charge battery. If pump is engaged, manager will "shed" (turn off) some of the load starting with least needed (from pre-programmed list, usually 1 set of strobes) to critical (usually headlights). It will also engage audible and/or visual warning.

They are pretty common on later model emergency equipment.

As far as your use is concerned, the device is 12 volt. If you have a 12 volt coach system it will work, although I am not sure you would want the features it provides. Personally, I like manual controls.

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 08:51:46 AM »

Yup, similiar system installed on the accessible transit ELF Ford van chassis cut-aways here in Toronto.

Drivers don't seem to understand about fast idle and AC use in summer....

Great device to let the machine protect itself from less than knowledgable or disciplined workers.

For a busnut, an interesting project, if you are so inclined.
But if you are smart enough to make it work, you're smart enough to do what it does by yourself!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: