Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 04:13:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question on Vanner center stud with 12v  (Read 1519 times)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« on: April 25, 2006, 12:03:05 AM »

Here is what I'm trying to figure out.

My MCI had a aux inverter [2500w] to run the tv/video systems. The inverter was 12v, tapped off the 12v port of my vanner battery equilizer on engine start batts.

Pretty heavy 5/16 bolt for connecting cable on vanner too, cable for original inverter was 4ga.

Question, with using a batt isolater, and voltage regulator, Can I charge my house Battery Bank off this 12v port while engine is running/driving?

Can anybody think of a reason why this wouldnt work?

Thank You in advance!

Nick Badame-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
ChuckMC8

1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 03:35:55 AM »

Nick, our late bus friend Jock Fugitt (passed last year) wrote a good bit about his experiences with Vanners. On the bNO board,I just typed "jock" in the search utility, and came up with several writings by Jock as well as others who also seem qualified on the subject-
  I miss Jock, a very nice person who knew what he was talking about and was always patient and helpful to the novice (me)
Chuck Lott

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 05:12:54 AM »

Here is the link to his page.
http://www.purplebear.com/busnuts/
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
redbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 05:45:35 AM »

I charge my house batterys with a vanner.Works great.

Terry
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, Believe in them, and try to follow them." ~Louisa May Alcott~
www.awayweare.blogspot.com/
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 09:14:18 AM »

Thanks for the links Guys!

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: