Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 08:11:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6V92 on ebay  (Read 601 times)
NJT 5573

Ignore
« on: January 14, 2007, 06:22:17 PM »

This guy says he has 2 left. He states they are new rebuilds, carb spec,ddec, for bay area trans that were left overs from phase out in fleet and have sat for several years. He has offered them as of today for $2525 to me. (I bid $1525). I don't need one, mines only @ 40,000 miles, but if you do that price is cheaper than tearing into one.

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 04:54:24 AM »

Those engines and transmissions do not look like new rebuilds, they look like used cores.  Look closely at the them and you can see the grease the pressure washer missed.  As a matter of fact, I saw what I believe are same engines and transmissions for sale at 1st Capital Auction in Vallejo, CA several months ago and they were definitely cores.  If my suspicions are correct (someone needs to see them in person to verify my information) the guy on eBay is a crook.  I sent him an email stating the same and the guy played dumb.

--Geoff

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: