Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 06:44:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Tool Box for da bus  (Read 944 times)
ChuckMC8

1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM

Ignore
« on: January 14, 2007, 07:02:27 PM »

Thought I'd share a pic of the nice present that my family bought me for Christmas- Craftsman tool chest, fits very nicely in place of the older small tool chest I had there. Of course, I don't have this full of tools, but its also great storage for some of the other stuff that I have to carry along- The three pieses of the box set was $300 at Sears.
While Im posting, heres a shot of my other perennial project, a '71 Beetle convertible that I built for our Toad. A fella and his son has taken this car apart to restore about 15 years ago, and it just sat in their basement untill they were ready to move. I got the stripped (and I mean stripped) body and everything else in cardboard boxes......One of these days I'm gonna get all this together and goin at the same time!
   Heres a link to my updated photo page, (7 pages) with some photos of the new eng in my bus.
http://groups.msn.com/July2004Busphotos/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=212

Hey, Anyone have a nice of original Beetle bumpers? All I can find are the import jobs that my guy here guarantees "they will rust".......
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 08:21:29 PM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
Beatenbo

1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 08:13:33 PM »

Chuck, Nice MCI, but that toad is A+ Charlie B.
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 05:50:16 AM »

Leave the bumpers off! Beetles look far better without them. Also, as far as I know no Beetles were built in North America, so even those original bumpers would have been 'import jobs'!

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 10:29:48 AM »

Sweet Toad! I'll bet that project was almost as much work as the bus. Well maybe not.

Hope you get some kind of cover for the bonnet when being towed.

Looks like you're about to run out of projects in a month or two. Come on down. Wink
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 11:28:16 AM »

Chuck,

Nice Tool Box.

Now on to the Bug, leave the bumpers off(not that you were asking Wink )

My Beetle and one El Camino are two vehicles that I truly regret selling.

My brothers and I once changed an engine in the bug by sitting up under it with our knees bent against the pan and

having the third brother push the vehicle out from under us, engine sitting on our legs. Kids don't try this at home, we were strictly

nuts and NO floor jack.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
edvanland

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 11:50:06 AM »

Chuck
Very nice bus and a very nice car also.  What about some of those nurf bars for the front?  I think that is what they are called.
ED

Ed Van
MCI 7
Cornville, AZ
Green-Hornet

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 12:51:24 PM »

Like what you did with both the tools and VW. I also like the look with no front bumpers. My lil Sprite has none on the front and has the bumper-ettes on the back. Makes for a nice clean look.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: