Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 06:24:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your window sizes?  (Read 1016 times)
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« on: January 18, 2007, 06:36:50 AM »

Time to start thinking about windows for the conversion.  I've looked at many windows from style, tint, slider, screens, dual pane.  I know they aren't going to be cheap which ever way I go!  The one thing i've noticed is the lack of information on sizes.  Tim Jones, your bus is definately an example of nice size window's...............any chance of getting some dimensions on those?  It may just be time for a road trip to Elkhardt!           

Pat

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 07:49:16 AM »

Hi Pat.. My salon windows are 12w x 48h beside the copilot and behind the drivers seat, next is 48w x36h with a bottom vent sider, 12" high. then a 36w x36h that doesn't open. These are on both sides of the coach. Above the dining table is a 36w x 24h slider (half the window slides). In the bedroom are 36w x 48h slider (half the window slides for emergency escape). All the tops of the windows are set at the same height except the dining window which is dropped 6 inchs.

I thought you were putting lemirage windows in?

Ron
belfert

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 07:49:36 AM »

I have Motion Windows and they were custom made to the size I wanted.  Mine are 36" high x 48" wide.  The original window openings were 36" x 60", but they had 4" radius corners so I filled in 6" on either side.  Still a lot bigger windows than many buses.

Elkhart is down to just RV Surplus/Salvage and Bontragers as the only two real RV surplus places.  One place was converted to a flea market.  Factory RV Surplus is still there, but very rarely actually open.  Most of the other places listed as RV surplus places have either closed or are not really RV Surplus places.  

Brian Elfert
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 08:05:28 AM »

Got a good web site link for reference?
Richard

I have Motion Windows and they were custom made to the size I wanted.  Mine are 36" high x 48" wide.  The original window openings were 36" x 60", but they had 4" radius corners so I filled in 6" on either side.  Still a lot bigger windows than many buses.

Elkhart is down to just RV Surplus/Salvage and Bontragers as the only two real RV surplus places.  One place was converted to a flea market.  Factory RV Surplus is still there, but very rarely actually open.  Most of the other places listed as RV surplus places have either closed or are not really RV Surplus places.  

Brian Elfert

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 08:11:38 AM »

Here Richard,

http://www.motionwindows.com/

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
belfert

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 08:29:17 AM »

Motion Windows is also known as Peninsula Glass.  Just a name change for the division that makes the RV windows.

Brian Elfert
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 08:32:49 AM »

With my transit, I kept the original window openings.  Because of the design of the openings, I couldn't use double pane.  My windows are 78" wide by 32" tall, are single pane and screw on from the outside.  I had to fashion a vanity strip-I used a rubber garage door gasket-sounds strange-works great, since to get the screens out have to have a flexible base for the maneuvering of the screen frame.  One of the reasons I bought the bus in the first place was the large windows.  Hence we only used a light tint so we could still have maximum vision out.  The windows are all the same size, so in the kitchen, the cabinets partially block the window. But because of the slant of the bus wall, I can still get in to wash the inside.  One of the nice things of using the original windows is that the bus has the same window pattern on either side of the bus.  Personal opinion- make your windows as BIG as you can.  We get many comments on how big ours is.  When I'm sitting in the recliner, can see to the ground and up at a pretty steep angle without moving.  Make as many windows and as big as you can-lots of light and vision is just great and makes the interior seem larger.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 12:22:10 PM »

Four 26H x 54W 1800 series from Penninsula is what I used...Two sliders and two fixed.
Awesome!

Jay
87 SaftLiner

On The High Plains of Colorado
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 12:44:37 PM »

Ron, ever since I received the quote on the  Shocked stainless siding and the smelling salts brought me to, I've been looking at alternative approaches to the siding and windows! The siding problem I've figured out, the windows are still a question.  My Prevost won't be a shinny stainless, but a painted smooth sided one with horizontal windows!  All the stainless is awesome but I bet that a solid color paint job from Star Jet will fix that! I'm leaning towards a light grey metallic with pearl accent!  I'm using smooth sided 5052 alum for the siding, which I had made in Columbus from the same company that made the top sections! Head lights look like early Peterbuilt, and the tail light sections, I'm doing my own LED's and corner posts.  Heck I've made everything else why not give it a shot!  The head lights will be dual's on both sides, maybe even stacked with two on each side, where I raised the roof there is an extra spot for another set right above!  Welding is all finished, siding is coming along, chassis mechanics on the  front end is finished from, wheel bearings, brakes, seals, slack adjusters and brake chambers are all new, I'm waiting for 4 new air bags for the front end..........! I haven't decided on where to get the new radiator yet, but I will soon!  I was thinking about finding some one to make me new heavy duty polished alum bumpers, but I haven't located anyone yet that does it! Ron this could be the year, I'm looking forward to it, I'm tired of reading about everyone else's adventure's I want some of my own stories good or bad........you have to do it to experience it! Grin

Pat
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 12:54:16 PM by muddog16 » Logged

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: