Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 02:54:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 68 coachman help  (Read 2032 times)
markmc

Ignore
« on: January 18, 2007, 01:14:58 PM »

we have a coachman? that caught fire in engine bay area, I think we need to sell, but family wants me to rewire it, anyone have info on factory wiring diagrams for something like this, the man that converted it spent like 120k, it has hardwood floors and full size roper fridge, dual roof a/c, any suggestions would be nice.
I can send pictures or post them here if someone wants them, this could be a nice rig.
I think it is 40 foot, sorry, I can get all the info you want, this is just not my thing, I prefer outboards and hotrods...LOL, thanks again.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 01:28:33 PM by markmc » Logged
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 04:13:49 PM »

Welcome Mark,

Allthough we have some pretty smart folks here, it's sometimes hard to stick our heads into a different beast other than busses.

I'm sure that your wireing is pretty basic. Maybe if you can tell us exactly what you are looking to repair, it may be possible for someone

to steer you in a good direction.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 04:22:11 PM »

I never though that Coachman made a 40 ft Motorhome in 68?

Pete & Jean
              Fantasy

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
markmc

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 09:04:52 PM »

not really sure what it is exzactly, it is a bus/motorhome and it is 40 ft long, would a picture help?

lets try this pic
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 07:47:01 PM by markmc » Logged
DuaneMC7

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 09:29:16 PM »

If you post a pic some one will tell you what you have.

Good luck, Duane

Remember, anythingís possible itís just iron, well, almost.
markmc

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 07:48:03 PM »

i hope this works
markmc

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 02:57:48 AM »

I hope these big ole pics help, anyone know what this thing is?, any suggestions for wiring diagrams?
heck it may even need a new home, I really don't have the time.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 07:39:31 AM »

I ain't exactly sure what it is but from the pics I'd guess it's a 35' er not 40' ! But still it looks like a nice unit with lots of potenial! (sp?). The headlights make it look like Bluebirds and the sides look like it could even be a "wonderlodge" with a face lift!  Huh ? Come on Bus Wizards wake up let's figure this out!
BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 10:05:23 AM »

I agree with BK.  Sure looks like a Bluebird to me.  Did you see a Coachman emblem on something?  Ought to be a nameplate or logo on something somewhere, it seems. Where is the generator for 110 volts located?  The Bluebirds I have seen has them behind the front bumper; don't know if this always holds true.

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
belfert

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 10:26:31 AM »

Bluebirds in the late 1960s probably would have been based off of front engine school bus chassis.  This looks more like a regular coach than a school bus.

Brian
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 11:45:42 AM »

Bluebirds in the late 1960s probably would have been based off of front engine school bus chassis.† This looks more like a regular coach than a school bus.
Brian

And just what would you know about a regular coach ? ? ?  You gots a DINA!    LOL! Just kidd'n I couldn't resist!  HA HA HA!
BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
markmc

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 07:21:39 PM »

folks, just so ya'll know, the man that has the paperwork, says that it claims this is a 68 GMC, Texas title and papers, and it does appear that we are going to sell/move the bus, I need my space back. and lets not try to kid anyone, I don't have the time.
markmc

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 09:08:19 PM »

just so everyone knows, it does run, we drove it down the hiway about 15 miles to where it is sitting now. I think it will make a great bus, just needs to be rewired, and some T.L.C.
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 09:32:36 PM »

it's not a bus(transit or Highway)....likey a truck chassis with some brand of motorhome put on top of it.

It looks to be in fair shape but there isn;'t any 120k in that thing.

this seems to be turning intoo a bus for sale posting........which is VERBOTEN!!!!

markmc

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 06:09:48 PM »

you know it does have that appearance, which is not the intent at all, and will no longer be discussed.

But to clear up some issues and to set the record straight, I located the texas title, it says 68 GMC  Coach, now where the boys got the "coachman" I will never know sorry for that, it is 35 foot long by the tape, the headlights have been redone with some kind of aftermarket kit, and all I really am interested in is a wiring diagram for a 68 GMC, and I'll worry about the rest, any suggestions on diagram is all I am after, sorry for the confussion, thats what I get for getting involved in something I know nothing about.

as my granddad used to say, "Never play another man's game."

Mark
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: