Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 03:20:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update  (Read 1053 times)
Ace

Ignore
« on: January 19, 2007, 05:01:46 AM »

Talked to Dan on Wed by phone and he received everything I had sent him. $22.50.... Ah just kidding!  Roll Eyes He said that he would have been happy with the small amount ( i originally said it wasn't much but it would help) but was overly excited to see so much. He couldn't believe that so many people that didn't know him came thru like they did! Again he sends his thanks to everyone and it surely made his and his families day for sure when opeing the mail.

His plans are to eventually move back to Florida after he gets his prostetic (sp) legs. He doesn't know what he'll do but I mentioned to him that he only lost his legs and he is very knowledgeable as a bus mechanic. His brains were not in his legs but they were in his head and he still had that, from what I could tell, and he agreed. 

He plans on a trip to Florida to see his Mom sometime around the end of February if all goes well and I plan to meet up with him either at our NEW house or in Bushnell. I mentioned that I had other "questionable" friends in Bushnell that were busnuts and maybe we could all get together there. For Bushnell being a small rural town, compared to Lakeland,  it sure has a LOT of busses!   

Anyway, he is doing very well and again sends his thanks to everyone!

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 05:30:33 AM »

Thanks for the update ACE...

It sounds like he's going to be just fine! 

But, I'm sure his family can use more money....

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 07:47:25 AM »

I mentioned that I had other "questionable" friends in Bushnell

Hmmm, Just who might you be talking about?HuhHuh    Grin Tongue

Ace, work out the details when Dans coming down, if You and Dan want, we could meet at my house for food, fun, BSing and of course, that other questionable character.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 08:04:50 AM »

Thanks for the update Ace. 

The Paypal account button is still open, and personal checks can still be sent directly to me.
Currently, there's just under $100 in the account. The rest was sent to Dan via Jack and Ace.
I'll probably make a final distribution directly to Dan and close the paypal button somewhere
towards the end of January.

Craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 11:12:22 AM »

Thanks, Ace!

I dunno if anyone's tallied the total amount contributed to the family via PayPal,checks, Arcadia, etc. I could update it on the page, if so.

I want everyone to know that I'm quite proud to be associated with all of you busnuts and this forum that did this very good thing. You're like family to me.

Brian B.

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 11:48:52 AM »

Brian,

As of right now, the paypal account and personal checks sent to me total $3492.30, of which $3395.50 was distributed to Dan through Jack and Ace, and $96.80 remains in the account to be distributed later.

Jack had another post regarding final numbers on the rally and what was contributed from donations there and leftover funds from the rally.  Not sure if it included the above distributions.

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 12:30:37 PM »

Hmm... seems I had $3,634.60 on the last time I updated the figure. So I guess it must have included some of the Arcadia funds. Unless I just input it wrong.

Suffice to say, we helped out a lot... no matter what the actual totals were.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: