Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 28, 2014, 12:13:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many busnuts does it take to post a answer  (Read 2473 times)
Paso One

Ignore
« on: January 20, 2007, 12:18:33 PM »

One to change the light bulb and to post that the
light bulb has been
changed.

Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing
light bulbs and how
the light bulb could have been changed
differently.

Seven to caution about the dangers of changing
light bulbs.

Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors
in posts about
changing
light bulbs.

Five to flame the spell checkers.

Three to correct spelling/grammar flames.

Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or
"light bulb" ...

Another six to condemn those six as stupid.

Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting
industry and give the
correct spelling.

Nineteen to post that this group is not about
light bulbs and to
please
take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light
bulb) forum.

Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying
that we all use
light
bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to
this group.

Thirty six to debate which method of changing
light bulbs is
superior,
where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of
light bulbs work
best for
this technique and what brands are faulty.

Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of
different light
bulbs.

Four to post that the URLs were posted
incorrectly and then post the
corrected URL.

Three to post about links they found from the
URLs that are relevant
to
this group which makes light bulbs relevant to
this group.

Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in
their entirety
including all headers and signatures, and add "Me
too".

Five to post to the group that they will no
longer post because they
cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

Four to say "didn't we go through this already a
short time ago?"

Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light
bulbs before posting
questions about light bulbs"

Three to tell a funny story about their chickens
and a light bulb.

AND

One group lurker to respond to the original post
6 months from now
and
start it all over again.

Sorry couldn't resist Smiley   sorta true sometimes Eh!

68 5303 Fishbowl 40' x 102"
6V71  V730 4:10
Tin Lizzy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 12:31:01 PM »

its not a answer it's an answer
proof that you right on the money Paso One !!
hahahahahaha
Harry

Tin Lizzy
1972 MC 7
Calgary, Alberta
akbusguy2000

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 01:00:57 PM »

Yeah, but you forgot about the one or more needed to take the pictures, the three required to offer advice on how to resize them for posting, and the several who must inquire of the location.

tg
captain ron

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 01:33:06 PM »

its not a answer it's an answer
proof that you right on the money Paso One !!
hahahahahaha
Harry

Are you using e-bonics or is this a spelling error? spelling check error? "you right on the money"

Also you spelled hahahahaha wrong. there is supposed to be a space between each ha and ! at the end

hth   jmw   ymmv  btw 
Dreamscape

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 01:52:00 PM »

You forgot about those that can't figure our how to post and attach photos........

Great humor.....

Sounds just like a goup of folks I know or is it no....Oh heck....

Paul
Dallas

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 02:19:20 PM »

Hey!

I resemble that fact!

You weren't there and no one saw it so you can't prove it.

Besides, it wasn't a chicken it was a cornish game hen!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin Grin Grin Grin Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 02:37:44 PM »

That's whatcha get for awarding the supremely prestigious status of HERO for posting often enough!  Ha! Ha!

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 05:11:13 PM »

As an information technology professional for some 20 years I feel compelled to correct the erroneous assertion that thirteen people would suggest a Google search. My experience indicates only 11 people would make that suggestion.

And, the correct search term would be light+bulb(s) or "light bulbs"

Grin

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 05:24:51 PM »

There is a psychiatrist busnut who claims that it takes hours of therapy to convince a lightbulb that it should change.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 05:42:13 PM »

Then with converted busses there is the matter of whether it is a 12, 24 or 110 volt light bulb.

Grin
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 07:35:06 PM »

Did some one say ........"Waste Veggie Bulb?" Roll Eyes Tongue Shocked

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 08:55:25 PM »

Then with converted busses there is the matter of whether it is a 12, 24 or 110 volt light bulb.

Grin

Yeah, but maybe they are 12 volt bulbs in series on 24 volts. Then you have a real problem, cause now it's gonna take a whole bunch more people to discuss the pros and cons of that arrangement, and then tell you how to go about figuring out which one needs changing, and then there has to be some to tell you how to rewire them so you won't have that problem again, but that will lead to a whole new morph into battery charge conditions and inequalities, equalizers, etc, which will then lead to which types and brands of batteries are best, and where's the best place to buy them, which of course takes you into camping at the local WalMart and whether you should put your awning and camp stove out on the asphalt and drain your black tank into the storm drain, but then that brings us to whether we should use separate tanks for grey water and black water cause sometime people want you to dump your grey water on their lawn, but only in the states where it's legal to do so, which of course can be found online at the states website, in the same place you can find that a 45 foot coach is not legal, but then it's also not a sports car of buses and can't get 14 mpg like you can in a 4014, unless you're running pure waste veggie oil, in which case you'll have problems with the rubber parts in your engine being eaten by the bio diesel in the separate tank you installed so you wouldn't have to pay road taxes on your generator fuel which you could have avoided in the first place if you have not put such a large generator in the air conditioning compartment of your bus, even though you'd have been better off keeping the bus air in place or just running the coach air off the alternator throught that big sine wave inverter you should have installed instead of putting that tiny 12v alternator on the engine because you could get an extra 3 hp from your big old leaky detroit which btw always spits oil on the ground because you probably sucked in all the blower seals when you accidentally tripped the mousetrap on the clutch and starved the engine of air so it drank it's oil out of the pan and ran away screaming in fright and you thought someone was trying to break in so you installed an electric fence controller to your coach to zap the thieves, but you miswired the transfer switch and when you touched the metal skin, you got a little tingle which tripped the GFI and you thought the park was so old it must have had miswired shorelines but you could see the ocean from your front window even though there was not concrete pad to park on and no place to put your trailer which you pull around behind your bus with your toad on until it causes your engine cradle to break and your engine falls out on the road and drags along behind your bus and you have to get a wrecker to come out and tow you in to the repair shop but you can't get Good Sam to send you anyone who knows how to tow a bus and after you finally get some yokel who has the right equipment, he doesn't pull you axle and ruins your rearend and transmission and the board sympathizes with you but comes to the conclusion you should have never let him tow you but since it's broke now, you should consider upgrading your power train to a rocket engine for better mileage but unless you use the new CAT XG7 rocket engine, you'll have to modify your whole bus to make it fit and you'll never get the driveline straight unless you replace the rearend with a warp drive unit but that will probably make you go really fast on flat ground but you'll be doggin it up the hills unless you put the larger tires on aluminum rims and don't forget to change out them wheel studs cause you can't use your regular nuts on them but they do make a special nut just for that problem but only if they're not hub piloted in which case you can make a cardboard template and just spray paint your steel wheels to look brand new and nobody will be the wiser when you go out for a cruise, especially at night, where you find out your have a headlight that's not working so you post a question on the board asking for advice on changing the light bulb.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 10:36:02 PM »

Gasp ... wheeze ... choke ... whew!   Shocked  I never should have tried to read that out loud to someone, expecially while LMAO!  788 words and only two periods!

A great summary of posts to the board for the last 6 months.  After considering this, Mr. Owl* says it would take 4,756 posts to fully address the light bulb question.

*Bonus points - Can you name the old tv commercial that reference came from?

Yeah, but maybe they are 12 volt bulbs in series on 24 volts. Then you have a real problem, cause now it's gonna take a whole bunch more people to discuss the pros and cons of that arrangement, and then tell you how to go about figuring out which one needs changing, and then there has to be some to tell you how to rewire them so you won't have that problem again, but that will lead to a whole new morph into battery charge conditions and inequalities, equalizers, etc, which will then lead to which types and brands of batteries are best, and where's the best place to buy them, which of course takes you into camping at the local WalMart and whether you should put your awning and camp stove out on the asphalt and drain your black tank into the storm drain, but then that brings us to whether we should use separate tanks for grey water and black water cause sometime people want you to dump your grey water on their lawn, but only in the states where it's legal to do so, which of course can be found online at the states website, in the same place you can find that a 45 foot coach is not legal, but then it's also not a sports car of buses and can't get 14 mpg like you can in a 4014, unless you're running pure waste veggie oil, in which case you'll have problems with the rubber parts in your engine being eaten by the bio diesel in the separate tank you installed so you wouldn't have to pay road taxes on your generator fuel which you could have avoided in the first place if you have not put such a large generator in the air conditioning compartment of your bus, even though you'd have been better off keeping the bus air in place or just running the coach air off the alternator throught that big sine wave inverter you should have installed instead of putting that tiny 12v alternator on the engine because you could get an extra 3 hp from your big old leaky detroit which btw always spits oil on the ground because you probably sucked in all the blower seals when you accidentally tripped the mousetrap on the clutch and starved the engine of air so it drank it's oil out of the pan and ran away screaming in fright and you thought someone was trying to break in so you installed an electric fence controller to your coach to zap the thieves, but you miswired the transfer switch and when you touched the metal skin, you got a little tingle which tripped the GFI and you thought the park was so old it must have had miswired shorelines but you could see the ocean from your front window even though there was not concrete pad to park on and no place to put your trailer which you pull around behind your bus with your toad on until it causes your engine cradle to break and your engine falls out on the road and drags along behind your bus and you have to get a wrecker to come out and tow you in to the repair shop but you can't get Good Sam to send you anyone who knows how to tow a bus and after you finally get some yokel who has the right equipment, he doesn't pull you axle and ruins your rearend and transmission and the board sympathizes with you but comes to the conclusion you should have never let him tow you but since it's broke now, you should consider upgrading your power train to a rocket engine for better mileage but unless you use the new CAT XG7 rocket engine, you'll have to modify your whole bus to make it fit and you'll never get the driveline straight unless you replace the rearend with a warp drive unit but that will probably make you go really fast on flat ground but you'll be doggin it up the hills unless you put the larger tires on aluminum rims and don't forget to change out them wheel studs cause you can't use your regular nuts on them but they do make a special nut just for that problem but only if they're not hub piloted in which case you can make a cardboard template and just spray paint your steel wheels to look brand new and nobody will be the wiser when you go out for a cruise, especially at night, where you find out your have a headlight that's not working so you post a question on the board asking for advice on changing the light bulb.

Slow Rider
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 05:56:52 AM »

Tootsie Pops: How many licks does it take to get to the center?  Yes I know, I am old.

Ken

The MCI has landed..... We are home.
Dale City Va.  Just a southern suburb of DC
Yes I am a BUSNUT
1976 MCI MC8
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 06:13:35 AM »

Where can you get hub piloted light bulbs?

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Dreamscape

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 06:14:45 AM »

Tootsie Pops: How many licks does it take to get to the center? Yes I know, I am old.

Ken

Happy Licking,

Paul

Dreamscape
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2007, 10:18:09 AM »

Is that a head light, tail light, brake, light, clearance light, running light, stop light, step light, interior light, exterior light, front light, back light, back up light, dome light, indirect light, flood light, night light, day light, sun light, incadescent light, flourescent light, neon light, L.E.D. light, or a Michelob light?
BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Dreamscape

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2007, 10:48:42 AM »

YOUR FORGOT CHRISTMAS LIGHT! Grin Grin Grin

Paul
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 01:04:38 PM »

YOUR FORGOT CHRISTMAS LIGHT! Grin Grin Grin

Paul

Yeah and many others! I coulda gone on an on an on but decided that those were enough to get the point across! Especially the main and most important one ! Michelob Light !LOL!
 Grin BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007, 04:27:20 PM »

Gumpy - LMAO

Len - are those left or right hand threads?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2007, 06:17:44 PM »

OMG, Craig... that was the funniest thing I've read... like ever.

Way to get the Nuts rolling, Paul!

Brian "One Dim Bulb" Brown

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2007, 08:13:28 PM »

Oh, you forgot the one guy who correctly pointed out that, all of this was unnecessary as the bulb was good and it turned out to be a short. LOL

WVaNative

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2007, 02:33:55 PM »

OK, I know I'm showing my ignorance here, but what's a light bulb Grin

(I figure I should be true to the character of most of my previous posts on this board)!

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2007, 05:55:21 PM »

Me thinks there's a dim bulb in here..... somewhere....?

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2007, 10:59:49 AM »

Me thinks there's a dim bulb in here..... somewhere....?

Follow this link and it'll help you figure it out and fix it...  http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=3114.0

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2007, 06:20:17 PM »

Hey gumpy!

I still can't seem to find the dim one.. too much light on here, I'll try it with the lights out....

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2007, 08:35:00 PM »

I still can't seem to find the dim one.. too much light on here, I'll try it with the lights out....

Shoot! I thought the lights went out on most of these people years ago!

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: