Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 21, 2014, 05:13:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OOpsie.............................  (Read 893 times)
ChuckMC8

1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM

Ignore
« on: January 20, 2007, 02:38:24 PM »

Reading Harry (tin Lizzies) mis fortune, I thought id post one of my more humbling screw ups........

I had removed my radiator fans and blowers ( a heck of a job for one person). I like to have never got the fans off the axles to put in the new seals on the mitre box.

So, after bead cleaning all the components and having it look very nice, I set about getting it all back in the bus. If you think its hard to get 'em out, its nothing like putting the fans and miter box back in by your bad self.  And I did. Got it all back in and bolted up with new bolts, etc......then after putting the blower pulley back on I gave 'er a spin. Slick. Smile.

And here it comes.........I thought, dang, it looks like these fans would "pull"air out of the engine compartment and blow back through the radiators! Who would have designed that!!!!!......then.......I realized that I had put the fans on backward.

I said my special word that I reserve for special moments such as this.

And so, I had the pleasure of taking it all back out, one again using the puller to get the fans off and swapping them, then putting it all back in.     

Im all healed up now, thanks.....

I have done worse than this, but I wouldnt want to shock everyone with the total depth of dain bramage that I must have.......chuck
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 02:41:17 PM by ChuckMC8 » Logged

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
Busnut83

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 02:42:54 PM »

Hey Chuck,,, what is that foil on the exhaust pipes,,,
BusCrazyTom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 03:31:26 PM »

Chuck,

Despite the pain & problems, good to see you have your install finished and it looks very good. Congratulations.

Still busless
Thomas Weeks
BusCrazyTom the Analog Dinosaur
Stupid Bus Newbie Smiley
JerryH

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 07:02:04 PM »

Yeah, nice job!!  Looks great.

JerryH
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: