Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 01:40:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Building Materials  (Read 2158 times)
John Z
1959 GM PD-4104 4139 Northern Minnesota

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 06:44:22 AM »

I was at Menard's, and they have that 3/4" Birch faced cabinet plywood on sale now for 19.99 a 4x8 sheet after a 5.00 rebate. Not a bad price at all!

Custom patches, caps, t-shirts, lapel pins etc since 1994.
Silver Brook Custom Embroidery and Patches
www.silverbrook-mn.com

"Now I Know Why Turtles Look So Smug"
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 08:14:44 AM »

To address sturdiness, with my straight 3/4" plywood walls, I can assure you they are sturdy-since I have smacked into them several times and I weigh 300lb.  The only place I would use studs is where you were going to position the breaker boxes so you could run the wires inside the wall (with screw panels for access). 

When I first started my conversion I asked one person what was the best interior construction for the cabinets and walls-and he said the method that allows the cabinets and walls not to fall down while driving!  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: