Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 25, 2014, 08:09:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Building Materials  (Read 2218 times)
John Z
1959 GM PD-4104 4139 Northern Minnesota

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 06:44:22 AM »

I was at Menard's, and they have that 3/4" Birch faced cabinet plywood on sale now for 19.99 a 4x8 sheet after a 5.00 rebate. Not a bad price at all!

Custom patches, caps, t-shirts, lapel pins etc since 1994.
Silver Brook Custom Embroidery and Patches
www.silverbrook-mn.com

"Now I Know Why Turtles Look So Smug"
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 08:14:44 AM »

To address sturdiness, with my straight 3/4" plywood walls, I can assure you they are sturdy-since I have smacked into them several times and I weigh 300lb.  The only place I would use studs is where you were going to position the breaker boxes so you could run the wires inside the wall (with screw panels for access). 

When I first started my conversion I asked one person what was the best interior construction for the cabinets and walls-and he said the method that allows the cabinets and walls not to fall down while driving!  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: