Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 26, 2014, 12:35:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making old toilet look new  (Read 1628 times)
captain ron

« on: January 22, 2007, 04:24:24 PM »

Today I bought some gloss black spray paint for plastic and painted my toilet. You wouldn't believe the difference it made. I'm also going to paint the outside of my shower base the same, I think it will look so much better and can look cleaner longer. It goes very well with my decor. I plan to paint or put flame decals on the sides later.  I'll post pictures later tonight when it's dry enough to untape.
skihor

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 05:12:21 PM »

On the subject of spray can paint. Limited colors, but Appliance Epoxy Enamel is pretty tough stuff. Also a secret to getting a good spray from a can: Heat a pan of water on the stove to boiling, turn off the heat and place the spray can in the hot water for a few minutes. This raises the pressure in the can so when spraying the paint covers smoother and "flows out" better.

Don & Sheila
captain ron

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 05:26:23 PM »

Also a secret to getting a good spray from a can: Heat a pan of water on the stove to boiling, turn off the heat and place the spray can in the hot water for a few minutes. This raises the pressure in the can so when spraying the paint covers smoother and "flows out" better.

Don & Sheila

Now you tell me  Roll Eyes

Here's what it looks like now.
Dreamscape

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 06:21:39 PM »

Great job......

Looks brand new....

Gives me an idea for our old one...

Your coach is going to look great.

Thanks for sharing...

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
captain ron

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 06:28:03 PM »

Thanks, That paint is formulated to work on glass and plastic, it's great stuff and comes in many colors. I used the hammered gray in my salon and I love it.
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 02:18:37 PM »

Capn'

That looks great.  I'm still trying to picture flames on the side of the toilet though...

I thought the explosions were supposed to be on the inside of the toilet Grin

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
captain ron

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 03:38:08 PM »

Well I hate sitting on a cold seat  Angry   I painted the shower base today and will be caulking it with black silicone tonight..little things really make a big difference.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: