Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
November 18, 2017, 09:57:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick Over-niter ... Skiing  (Read 1164 times)
JerryH

« on: January 21, 2007, 07:22:40 PM »

So decided to head up to the Poconos for an over-niter at Jack Frost, then ski Sunday AM until close.
The temps dropped to about 10.  Yeah, nothing comparing to you boys up in the North (Gumpy!).  You see 10-degrees as "spring". 
Anyway...
Our MC-8 with "all electric" features electric heaters with (2) electric heaters SHY at the moments ... but wasn't too too bad.  I have the heaters to re-install, but all things being equal, wasn't "terrible".
It was nice to wake, dawn ski gear and head to the slopes.  Lunch time came and we saved ourselves $30+ and returned to the coach for lunch and take the dog out.  Another advantage of taking the coach -- no need to find a dog sitter.
So need to get those heaters installed, finish up some other interior stuff to make it comfortable.

**Enjoy your coaches as often as you can, even though they're not 100% done.  Fun-Fun-Fun!!

JerryH
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 08:32:05 PM by JerryH » Logged
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 08:15:25 PM »

Sounds like a good time. Wish we were there.

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 10:19:40 PM »

Glad you had a good time, Jerry. Skiing in a coach is great! We did it a couple times last year, and it's fun not to have to eat/ hang out in a lodge.

Too bad we can't do it yet this year, since we somehow swapped winters with Craig, and my bus is still buried in the white stuff. We got another 6" today on top of the dumps we've gotten like clockwork for the last six weeks. Bah! I'm used to this stuff being gone after three days of warm CO sunshine... but now it's piling up (not melting) and starting to look like the Midwest.

Ack!
Brian B.

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
Slow Rider
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 11:19:01 AM »

Wow Brian! I knew your bus was long, but long enough to ski in, that  is fantastic. LOL

The MCI has landed..... We are home.
Dale City Va.  Just a southern suburb of DC
Yes I am a BUSNUT
1976 MCI MC8
JerryH

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 05:41:50 PM »

Yeah Brian,

We're still newbies, but we've (I think) taken to it like fish to water -- more or less.  Linda used to ski, so she was the catalyst last season.  Yeah, being the first ski trip with da' bus, it was nice not to be reliant on a "lodge" to get fed and warm at lunch.  Searching for a table, crowded, expensive, etc.  Back to "your own" place to chill (so to speak).

Sorry about your coach being buried ... and can you send photos of
Skiing in a coach is great!

Cheesy

Jerry H.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 05:46:15 PM by JerryH » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: