Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 05:03:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inverters has anyone heard of tripp lite ???  (Read 1028 times)
andy

Ignore
« on: January 23, 2007, 04:14:34 PM »

I was in Elkhart last saturday and someone wanted to sell me a 3000watt tripplite inverter for $800 it was new and with a warranty also had a built in battery charger. What do you all think. good or bad!!!!!
captain ron

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 04:33:01 PM »

Was it true or modified sine?
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 05:06:09 PM »

dMy first inverter in the bus was a Tripp lite! I had a friend who used them for UPS sytems for rail road crossings he bought them by the pallett so I got a deal.  As far as inverting goes it was fine, but and this is a big BUT. The inverter I had was a single stage battery charger. This is fine if you are on a power pole most of the time (but then you do not need an inverter) But if you are going to chargeing with a genset, even a small battery bank like my 4 golf cart batterys can take a long long time with a single stage charger. 6 to 8 hours!!!
 I do not know if all Tripplites have a single stage charger. You will have to check this for yourself. But for my money I want a three stage  charger. I was able to sell my Tripplite for more than I paid for it. I now have a Zantrex DR3624 with a 3 stage charger for about $850. This is a modified sinewave, which causes me no problems. For between $600 and $1000 there are a lot of choices available. So you do not have to jump on this deal.

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
boogiethecat

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 05:36:33 PM »

Trip Lite = B grade but they work ok. There's better for your money, and if it's a modified sine from any manufacturer, don't bother (just my opinion, and a lot will disagree)

1962 Crown
San Diego, Ca
captain ron

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 05:41:07 PM »

I bought a slightly used 5000 watt inverter (modified sine) for $500.00 or maybe even less, don't remember the exact price off of ebay and it has been great. I will eventually  add a small true sine inverter for my sensitive stuff and run a couple dedicated outlets off of it.
andy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 06:07:41 PM »

The manual that was in the box didnt say anything about the sine wave or the charger it made me wonder if it was worth anything or not. I think I should save my $$ and buy a true sine wave trace?Huh?
Jerry Liebler

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 06:38:35 PM »

TrippLite is modified square wave and not very good at that.  I had one and iit broke the first trip on which I used it then took 3 weeks to get replacement.  Sure glad I dumped it on Ebay and got my SW2512 which works flawlessly.   Save your money and get a Trace SW inverter.
Regards
Jerry 4107 1120
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: