Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 18, 2018, 08:50:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please Don't Compete  (Read 3664 times)
captain ron

« on: January 23, 2007, 09:55:32 PM »

I really want these wheel simulators on E-Bay     Item number: 150083565807 and I hope none of you are bidding on them also. I lost a similar set to a sniper last year and really want them bad. So PLEASE help a poor bus nut out. Thanks Your friend and servant for life
Captain Ron

P.S. I have not bid yet... like to wait as not to run them up till last minute
JerryH

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 04:21:16 AM »

Ron,

Still got 6 days to go ...
If they go too high, try http://www.wheelsimulator.com/wheel%20simulators.htm
I bought mine there, they were very hepful.

JerryH
skihor

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 06:58:16 AM »

I use a program for sniping. https://www.auctionraptor.com/  It bids in the last 2 seconds for you. Decide what you're willing to pay and let the cards fall where they may. It cost's $4.95 a month. Good deal if you use Ebay alot.

Don & Sheila
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 07:28:30 AM »

Free 2 week trial here:
https://esnipe08.esnipe.com/NewMemberSimple/
Richard
I use a program for sniping. https://www.auctionraptor.com/  It bids in the last 2 seconds for you. Decide what you're willing to pay and let the cards fall where they may. It cost's $4.95 a month. Good deal if you use Ebay alot.

Don & Sheila

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Lee Bradley

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 08:17:47 AM »

So ... now does this software work when all the bidders are using it?
skihor

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 08:38:10 AM »

The software is supposed to work. How many calcs can a computer do in 2 mins?? I think tens of thousands or more. The deal is to put in your top price that you're willing to pay and hope for the best. Often one loses by $.50 what you don't know is how high the other people are/were willing to go. The programs only bid as high as needed to win the item. I've waited as long as 1 year to get an item for the price I was willing to pay.
           Auction Raptor has a 1 month free trial by the way.

Don & Sheila
belfert

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 08:43:18 AM »

The reason to use sniping software is to not show your bid until it is too late for anyone to put in a new bid.  If everyone uses sniping software than the higest maximum bid wins.

What tends to happen if you show your bid too early is someone not uising sniping software will start bidding with the mentality to win at all costs and run the bid way up often to much more than the item is worth.

If you put in a proxy bid early in the auction instead of sniping, the emotional bidders will just keep bidding until they exceed your bid again because they lose sight of reality and just have to win the auction even if the price is too high.

Brian Elfert
Lee Bradley

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 09:33:37 AM »

So it is software to keep the seller from getting the best price possible.  Roll Eyes
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 09:41:30 AM »

You are absolutely positively correct Lee. It is only to the benefit of the bidder.  The couple of times I have used it I put in a token bid and then increased maybe one time and then decided what the absolute maximum I would pay for the item and then put in a snipe bid. My understanding is the snipe bid is made in the last few seconds so no one can physically put in a higher bid. Only the snipe bids.
A lot of people think this is a terrible thing, but the seller puts in his minimum bid generally, so he should be at least somewhat happy.
Richard

So it is software to keep the seller from getting the best price possible.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 09:44:19 AM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
boogiethecat

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 09:47:31 AM »

Not necessarily Lee.  It's simply software to even the playing field with every other person who is (these days) doing the same thing.  In the early days it often caused the seller to not get the best price but now in "sniping maturity" world, it's mostly just a way to keep up with the Joneses.  Yes it will eliminate immature bidding wars, but in my case at least it won't net the seller any less, because if I see an auction dominated by two "newbie idiots" in a bidding war, I simply go away and bid elsewhere, and the seller won't get my bid at all.
And Richard, quite often it's actually a great benefit to the seller.  There's been MANY times I REALLY wanted something, so I put in a fairly stupidly large snipe, only to find that someone else put in a BIGGER stupidly high bid and won it.  This happens more often that not these days, and the result is that the seller will get tons more than had the two guys seen each other's bids sans sniping, and backed off early.

Basically the game is to bid what you're honestly willing to pay, and if no-one else honestly wants to pay more, it's yours.

I use esnipe.com for 99% of my bidding.  On items I REALLY want, I also place an identical snipe with auctionsniper.com 
That way, if the unlikely but occasional chance happens that esnipe screws up and misses the bid, there's a backup that will automatically
initiate from a different isp in a different location in the country.  It's virturally foolproof that way on really important items, and since ebay doesn't
penalize you for bidding against yourself, (it doesn't increase the price) doing "double snipes" just gives you peace of mind that nothing will get screwed up.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 09:50:25 AM by boogiethecat » Logged

1962 Crown
San Diego, Ca
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 03:31:03 PM »

Here is another reason "sniping" helps the seller.  I don't have time or often am not around to bid on an item near the end of it.  I agree with the majority of sniper users that sometimes people will "run up" an item to an amount that I am unwilling to pay.  It is also true that OCCASIONALLY a straw bidder runs up an item. . .it happens and any regular EBAY user knows this is true.  It is also true that OCCASIONALLY, a deadbeat will have a user ID with 0 feedback, will bid on an item and run it up, and will disappear into the sunset, never paying.  It happened to me, and I've sold very few items on Ebay.  It happens quite often to others.  Perhaps the bidder is selling a simlar item and wants to run this one up to shift buyers over to his, perhaps he is just playing around, perhaps he is up to "no good" and we just don't know why, but the fact is, it happens.

We use www.auctionsniper.com, which only charges you if you win and has many good features.  I put my maximum bid in, what I am willing to pay for the item, and then I "forget about it".  If I get it, great, if I don't, well, another item will come along sooner or later.  If it were not for Auction Sniper, there are many items I just wouldn't bother to take the time to bid on.  I am a serious buyer and if I win, I pay immediately, so I am the type of buyer an EBAY seller wants.  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
captain ron

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 03:45:25 PM »

What would be a reasonable price to pay for these?
Beatenbo

1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 04:28:00 PM »

CR be sure you know the depth on these. I friend gave me a s et he took off a dump truck and put on aluminum. They were 22.5 but were just 1/2 too shallow to fit.Bus wheels are a bit wider. 8 1/4 or 8 3/4 , I can't remember but check it out.  Charlie B.
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 04:38:03 PM »

What would be a reasonable price to pay for these?
  I think new ones go for around 450.00 or so. I just got a deal on a set for 50.oo. The guy who sold them to me was an absolute "peach" of a gentleman. Unfortunately ya can't find deals, or people, like that very often.
  I'd say 200-250 would be fair.
   Good luck!!!!
       Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
captain ron

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 05:07:34 PM »

Chaz, did you get a complete set for that or just a pair for the front?
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 05:21:52 PM »

I think they sell chrome paint now. Probably only twenty bucks or so for a quart. LOL
Richard

Ray D

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 06:35:58 PM »

Hey Ron,
Check it out on the BNO board, new ones for $400.00

Ray D

http://www.busnut.com/bbs/messages/6/16512.html?1169684720
captain ron

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 06:58:20 PM »

Just saw them, gotta wait till the stuff I have on E-Bay sells before I can commit
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007, 08:29:17 PM »

Whole set!!  Yeah, I know.................. I suck.  Cheesy

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: