Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 11:03:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many are running simulators ??  (Read 3159 times)
Paso One

Ignore
« on: January 24, 2007, 06:09:05 AM »

Looking at Captain Ron's next e'bay purchase I am curious how many are using simulators.?  Looking thru the pictures from Arcadia

I noticed so many coach's had  "shiney" wheels.  Were they real or Falsies.  (havn't used that word for 40 years) Grin

68 5303 Fishbowl 40' x 102"
6V71  V730 4:10
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 06:18:33 AM »

I tried to note how many were simulators as against the number of Alcoas and the simulators won, in my opinion, at Arcadia.

It's really a pretty expensive choice to go with the Aluminum wheels when there's so many other areas that require money, money and more money.  I was fortunate in that my bus came with 'em.  Would I spend the big bucks to buy them for a 38 year old bus today?
Not so's you'd notice I wouldn't.  And...I'm sure that there are others out there who'd feel about the same.

Is it a snob thing to have Alcoas' on your bus?  I don't believe so.  Like any other hobby some of us are purists, some are into dress and glitz....it's run what ya brung and be the happiest you can....in my opinion.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 06:25:56 AM »

Hi Paso,

simulators here.....    Hub King's

Nick-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 06:28:58 AM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Dreamscape

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 06:29:31 AM »

Our coach came with Alcola's on the front and tag axles. The driver has simulators on them. I will say the simulators have a differant look to them. I will eventually purchase aluminum wheels for the driver axle, to keep the look all aluminum. It also matches the siding better.
Now if our bus had SS sides, I would probably go with simulators.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 06:45:52 AM »

I am going to keep the steel wheels on my older coach. Just have to keep the paint looking fresh. It looks more "stock". Alcoas or simulators look great on later model busses. Just my personal preference...

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
captain ron

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 07:50:31 AM »

JJ got me a real good deal on a set of ss simulators for the front of my bus. They were painted but were nearly brand new. I had a friend strip them in his new stripper tank for powder coat, took about 2 seconds. I had brand new shiny wheels for (if I remember correctly) $35.00 I liove the look of alcoas but the cost and maintenance is too much for me. more bang for the buck with simulators.
jmhofwiwhth
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 08:34:50 AM »

Paso,

I have simulators also.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 10:53:34 AM »

my MC-8 had sims on it....now have replaced the steer with alum......next will be the tags.......driver's don't look bad but the steer/tags always looks discount to me..

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 11:39:45 AM »

To me, simulators are just one step up from aluminum paint.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
captain ron

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 11:42:04 AM »

To me, simulators are just one step up from aluminum paint.
Richard

Hey don't knock the mexican chrome Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 01:00:43 PM »

Well, as many on this board know, we USED to have simulators on our bus.  Then, after blowing a front tire, which waffled the front simulator on that wheel, Larry somehow worked the numbers to show me how a set of used Alcoas would be cheaper than replacing a set of new simulators. . .

not quite sure how he worked those numbers  Huh. .

something about "could polish them back up himself" Wink 

which then worked into, "OMG, been working for hours and getting nowhere"  Shocked

to "There's a guy who said he could do them for. . . " Smiley

to "Well, he said it could be higher if they were really rough"  Embarrassed

to "Oh, honey, just SEE how nice they look"  Cool and "I'll keep them cleaned and polished myself" Kiss

to "There's this guy who said he could clean and polish the wheels for. .  ." Grin.  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 01:38:00 PM »

SEE, a good busnut can justify almost anything.  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 03:32:28 PM »

Well, I always said that Larry was a smooth talker when he wanted to be! Wink Cheesy  Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 03:43:09 PM »

Well, I always said that Larry was a smooth talker when he wanted to be! Wink Cheesy  Christy

He smoothed you didn't he? LOL! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 04:53:11 PM »

Simulators! I hate to clean & polish & they are easy & look good.

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: