Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 05:52:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4905 Engine Pull Question  (Read 1293 times)
Rick Brown

Ignore
« on: April 25, 2006, 06:37:47 PM »

I'm in the process of pulling the 8v71 out of my 4905.  The book says "Loosen dust cap from transmission propeller shaft slip joint".
When I look into the goo I don't see any obvious dust cap.  At what point does the transmission separate from the axle?  Does one u-joint go with the trans & the other stay with the axle or does the yoke pull out of the transmission?
Thanks for any input.
-Rick Brown in Reno, NV
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 07:38:18 PM »

Right where the driveline separates (slip joint) there is a cap with a seal that screws into the larger half of the driveline.  Rather than letting the driveline separate you could take the driveline entirely off at each u-joint, this would make putting it back on easier.

--Geoff

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: