Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 24, 2017, 10:28:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at (657) 221-0432 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greyhound bus originating in St. Louis ends up stuck in middle of nowhere  (Read 1962 times)
Uncle Augie

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 05:07:24 PM »

Uncle Augie, I don't know you or anything about you so I am going to try and not hurt your feelings.

Feelings not hurt, i just wont stand for an old white man calling the only young black man in a news clip a hood rat for wearing his pants in the current fashion. I wouldn't allow that behavior from my friends, id call them out for it, i sure wont tolerate that behavior from strangers.

Born in the north, Grew up in the south, now reside in Detroit. If this was the first such instance here id let it pass, but looking for information on my new bus i have run across multiple instances where racism is bubbling just beneath the surface. Frankly it disgusts me. I have also noticed a fair bit of Islamophobia, both are born of ignorance. So no my feelings are not hurt, I just wont tolerate it. There is a reason why this online community is not growing more with all the excitement about the tiny house movement and many converting school busses into tiny houses.

1962 PD 4106 #722 8v71 4spd Standard
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 06:43:04 PM »

Feelings not hurt, i just wont stand for an old white man calling the only young black man in a news clip a hood rat for wearing his pants in the current fashion. I wouldn't allow that behavior from my friends, id call them out for it, i sure wont tolerate that behavior from strangers.

Born in the north, Grew up in the south, now reside in Detroit. If this was the first such instance here id let it pass, but looking for information on my new bus i have run across multiple instances where racism is bubbling just beneath the surface. Frankly it disgusts me. I have also noticed a fair bit of Islamophobia, both are born of ignorance. So no my feelings are not hurt, I just wont tolerate it. There is a reason why this online community is not growing more with all the excitement about the tiny house movement and many converting school busses into tiny houses.

Speaking of ignorance...

Your first post indicated you might be reevaluating your active participation here. Based on your profile, you haven't had and active participation here in the past, and from your current comments, I predict you won't have one in the future.

There was no racism implied in my comment. Period. It happens that the kid is black. So what? I didn't say anything about the color of his skin. You decided to extrapolate that from my comments, so I reckon that makes you the racist here. I was raised to respect other people, and as far as I'm concerned, hanging your pants around your knees in order to show off your underwear and ignorance in that manner is about as disrespectful as it gets to everyone around you, as well as to yourself.  But it's not about his skin color. Had he been white, or yellow, or green, or any other color and had his pants hanging around his knees, my comment would have been word for word the same. So take you perceived racism and shove it up your nether regions. As for the islamophobia BS, maybe you should google 9-11 and so many other terrorist events in the recent past, and then you can shove that one up there too. Nobody appointed you the PC police, and frankly I don't give a hood rat's @$# what you think. 

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
oltrunt

A fine BCM outting

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 06:51:39 PM »

Grumpy, thank you for standing up for your convictions and what's with this "old white man" stuff when one is decrying prejudice?  Just saying.  Jack
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 07:26:14 PM »

Grumpy, thank you for standing up for your convictions and what's with this "old white man" stuff when one is decrying prejudice?  Just saying.  Jack

LOL. Like I said, he extrapolated what he wanted from my simple post just so he could infer racism. That, along with his racist comment about "old white man" pretty much tells you who the racist is in the crowd.  I suspect he's a disciple of the national race baiters like Sharpton, Jackson and Obama.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

Uncle Augie

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 07:30:11 PM »

Speaking of ignorance...

As for the islamophobia BS, maybe you should google 9-11 and so many other terrorist events in the recent past, and then you can shove that one up there too. Nobody appointed you the PC police, and frankly I don't give a hood rat's @$# what you think. 

Yes Ignorance.
http://time.com/3934980/right-wing-extremists-white-terrorism-islamist-jihadi-dangerous/

Since 9/11, white right-wing terrorists have killed almost twice as many Americans in homegrown attacks than radical Islamists have, according to research by the New America Foundation.

I live near the largest population of Middle East Muslims, and Christians from the middle east,  outside of the middle east. You know nothing of which you speak.

Im out, I hope management of the magazine is paying attention.

1962 PD 4106 #722 8v71 4spd Standard
kyle4501

NEWELL in South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 08:47:54 PM »

Really ?
Have you listened to their "music" ? Their conversations ? Makes me think we ain't all using the same dictionary. Or being held to the same standards.

Funny how some people see racism in everyone else, yet not in themselves.

I am so weary of people being so arrogant that they 'know' what someone else means - even tho they don't know the person.

Used to be a time when kids were taught "sticks & stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me". And "no one can hurt your feelings unless you first give them permission".
Some of us were taught that respect was hard earned and were raised to give others the benefit of a doubt until actions dictated otherwise.

You will find what you seek - -
I hope we all find happy lives, safe travels, and GREAT FRIENDS (who can tolerate differing opinions).

(and in the case of this bus driver, her way home . . . . eventually     Grin  )

Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)
CrabbyMilton

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2017, 07:16:39 AM »

I don't care what a person's skin color is. When they exempt themselves from proper behavior based on skin color, that's a problem for me. That young man dressed like that is just such an example.
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2017, 07:24:39 AM »

Greyhound buses and Walmart have one thing in common: the people in them.

JC

JC
Blackie AB
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
windtrader

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2017, 12:57:54 PM »

Good riddance Augie. Please be careful to not let that painted door not smack you in the @$# so you can claim some racist attack. bye bye.

Don F
Research done - shopping for already converted 2 stroke
Very excited to acquire a bus and get on the road
Many years cruising in a VW minibus
Shopping list here: http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=31602.0
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 644MT Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2017, 02:37:06 PM »

Current fashion???

There is a reason why this online community is not growing ? more with many converting school busses (It's Buses) into tiny houses.
School Buses have been converted for many decades especially in the 60's and has been going since the early 1930's. Nothing new there.

Sounds like someone like many today just like to complain about everything. They watch the news and find out that they can be on TV if they go to the protest of something. Then a lot get violent and start breaking glass and then stealing from businesses on the street. They say they have a cause but all they are doing is filling their-self worth which isn't much IMHO

The majority of them are from somewhere else and have just come to create havoc or are paid to create Havoc.
You can say what you want about we Old Men but at least we were taught respect and morals....
Sure there are those out there who are still racists but Racism works both ways not just one. So you might pickup a mirror and take a good hard look in it.....Just sayin Sad
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 02:39:56 PM by Dave5Cs » Logged

B_K

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2017, 04:40:56 PM »

Sniff, sniff, sob, sob I miss him already!
Grin  BK  Grin

What was his name again? LOL
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2017, 08:13:27 PM »

Is this the style today?

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2017, 08:30:48 PM »

OMG, that's the most repulsively disgusting thing I think I've ever seen.   Words fail me.   (And for an opinionated and verbose person like me who thinks of himself as open-minded and accepting of others, that's saying a lot.)

Geoff, please don't post anything like that again, ever!

John

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552 (the Super II):  6V92TAC / DDEC II / Jake,  HT740.     Hecho en Chino.
2kW of solar on the roof.
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2017, 05:41:45 AM »

Is this the style today?

Mmmmm, Fresh Cracklins!

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2017, 07:09:21 AM »

I wear suspenders    seems my chest has migrated down ward..  Don't see how that design lets someone walk less climb a ladder or move anything at work.   Boy this is thread drift!  We are busnuts and help anyone that is respectful of us.    Apparently the bus seat occupier   had no respect for equipment or people.  Notice I did not say DRIVER.  Thread drift is needed sometimes.  Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: