Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 17, 2018, 03:24:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  4,812 Members as of August 9, 2016 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RV Chief's Prevost on Youtube  (Read 1031 times)
MCI9Guy

Ignore
« on: June 23, 2017, 10:51:26 AM »

After buying my 1983 MCI 9 about 2 yrs ago, I have regularly been reading the threads here. But I don't recall any discussion on the Prevost conversion documented on the YouTube channel: RV Chief's Prevost

He has spent a lot of time, sweat and money on his conversion. I was wondering what all of you had to say about his bus and/or his conversion.

He has now finished his bus and is taking it on the road. In this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NftCDaC5apU&t=1335s   at time mark: 15:16  his is driving the bus through the under belly of a stadium. When I was watching that I was thinking; I probably wouldn't even attempt it. I'd probably get stuck.

What are your thought's?

1983 MC-9 6T92TA (NJ Transit)
Beautiful North Idaho
DoubleEagle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 05:52:47 PM »

There was plenty of clearance, probably enough for tractor-trailers. The clearance level was probably posted at the entrance if it was less than 13' 6".

Walter
Dayton, Ohio
1975 Silvereagle Model 05, 8V71, 4 speed Spicer
1982 Eagle Model 10, 6V92, 5 speed Spicer
1984 Eagle Model 10, 6V92 w/Jacobs, Allison HT740
brmax

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 10:44:30 AM »

I watched a few of chiefs videos a good while back and always enjoy any buss build. But will say he puts some real life character in some of them utubes and i certainly enjoyed them. So over the weekend got a few more in on some slack time.
Them videos take some patience for sure, a super job in itself so just sayin Thanks!
Many earlier builds were in photos and different platforms for veiwing. No doubt all a very valuable resource for us looking and helping others in their builds. It's a struggle doing any search for builds, conversions, (the right search words omg ) so finding some that are out there are great. I havent been over on prevost site in awhile and so they always had some good writeups and interest.
Some times keeping the names or titles seems to be tough as initally started and understandably organizing is needed ofcourse.. but if a title is at the top of google search one could get pissed off if changed! I say this specifically because most times its faster, easier to use google for the site your on "any site" this is what i gave found.

Thanks for the headsup, it got me lookin again.
Good day there
Floyd

1992 MC9
6V92
Allison
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: