Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 19, 2018, 03:56:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at (657) 221-0432 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aftermarket mirrors  (Read 410 times)
Darkspeed

Ignore
« on: July 17, 2017, 01:21:07 PM »

I got my hands on a set of almost free mirrors and I was wondering if they would fit my 4106, as my oem mirrors are in sad shape.

I know the arms may be too short but they are really nice heated / electric / camera mirrors so I thought I would give it a go.

Mount them on the side? in front?

Think these would work or do I need longer arms?

4106 6V92TA MUI + V730 8" Lowered Floor & Polished > http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=24673.0 QuietBox > http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=29946.0
It's all math and metal...
Zephod

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 02:03:40 PM »

I got my hands on a set of almost free mirrors and I was wondering if they would fit my 4106, as my oem mirrors are in sad shape.

I know the arms may be too short but they are really nice heated / electric / camera mirrors so I thought I would give it a go.

Mount them on the side? in front?

Think these would work or do I need longer arms?
They look nice. I believe they're called Eurostyle. At the bottom of the mirror is a ball connector. Those often detach from the arm, allowing you to attach to your existing arms.

Mine are a compromise. I've got a west coast setup but I swopped out the circular convex for rectangular convex as they were cheaper and just as good. The originals were unusable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carpenter 3800 1994 on a Navistar 1994 chassis with a DT466 and alinson transmission.
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 03:35:50 PM »

The mirrors usually seen on the 06 are Ramco and have a circular base mount the uses the original mount holes on the 06.. It looks like you will have to select a position for these mirrors that will allow you to drill the holes in a spot that will give you a firm mounting and still be in a position to be usable,,then fill the old holes with a SS 1/4 20 countersunk screw.>>>Dan

Utclmjmpr 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: