Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 03:15:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago area busnuts interested in a building ?  (Read 3236 times)
Phil Hendrix/Chicago

Ignore
« on: April 26, 2006, 02:00:55 PM »

A friend and I are interested in looking for a building in the Chicago area to rent that will allow us to work on our buses. We are wondering if there are any others in Chicago with the need for some building space, and/or if there is anyone who knows of a building with reasonable rent. We were thinking if there was a group of us it might make finding affordable space easier. Thanks for any help, Phil 
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 06:24:12 AM »

Hi Phil,
Welcome to the new board.

I'm in the Chicago area.  Well, sort of.  We're about 35 miles southwest, So, it would kind of depend on where in Chicago.  Interesting concept tho', and a good idea I think.

Any interest so far?

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Phil Hendrix/Chicago

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 10:07:02 AM »

We are actually out in the suburbs, Villa Park and Arlington Hts. I think there is also a third party in Naperville area. I think we are open to whatever we can find. I am willing to consider all options. If anyone is interested feel free to call me at 847-439-3987. Thanks, Phil
orangepeel91

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 08:27:07 PM »

Yes there is another bus nut in naperville. Another Phil, Phil Lyons. He bought the first of MKA's Moose Creek buses. Then there is me. I'm near Midway. I take delivery of an 82 MC-9 at the end of June. Needs a new clutch brake but no major smoke form the engine.
wish I'd known about hte building idea earlier. Another bus nut Wulf Ward, as in Miss March has a building in the city in a crap hole neighborhood, but it would suit our purposes. It's near Lake and Pulaski. I don't know if its still available, but he had 3 buses a small straight truck and 3 trailer mounted compressors in it with room to spare.

Sean
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: