Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
November 20, 2017, 12:01:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An excellent long weekend  (Read 451 times)
oltrunt

A fine BCM outting

Ignore
« on: August 13, 2017, 07:14:42 PM »

With something to fix when I got home.  Doesn't get any better than that!

Thanks to the paint shaker 4 cyl diesel and the beat up roads. I am constantly finding stress fatigued brackets and such on my little skoolie. My sharp eyed wife spotted one of the under the front fender driving lamps hanging by its wiring when we pulled into our camp site Thursday evening. Since the original 11" head lamps (despite the halogen bulbs) barely light the way 5' in front of the bus, the long range driving lamps are really a very necessary part of the equipment. Fortunately, moving the brackets to a bit more centralized location and re-welding them wasn't very difficult--but I'll keep an eye on them now.

By the way, the camp ground was at Lake Cachuma, Ca about 14 miles from Solvang, Ca. The weather was beautiful and the lake was nearly full. 'Twas the first time out for more than an overnight since Yosemite in May--I really need to get out more often. Jack
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 10:40:29 PM »

That's amazing! Last I heard Lake Cachuma was nearly empty.  What was the name of the campground?  Congratulations on the excellent weekend!

Kind Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 07:29:48 AM »

A relaxing, enjoyment filled weekend is the best, tom...

MCI 102C3 8V92, Allison HT740
Formally MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
CrabbyMilton

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 03:04:06 PM »

What kind of bus do you have? Your profile doesn't say.
oltrunt

A fine BCM outting

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 05:26:42 PM »

CM, its on the cover of the Feb. 2016 BCM Magizine--a '38 Chevy skoolie turbo diesel.  Jack
CrabbyMilton

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 04:53:55 AM »

Ok Thanks. I recall that it was featured but I didn't remember which issue and forgot it had a 4 banger.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: