Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 09:49:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: battery choice for house?  (Read 3182 times)
pvcces

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 09:40:40 PM »

John Z, if you really want to get some satisfaction out of your house batteries, be sure to buy and install a DC power meter.

They aren't cheap, but they take the guesswork out of your setup; you can tell when you've discharged the batteries to a given level or if one of them is going bad. There's no substitute!

Good luck with your house system.

Tom Caffrey

Tom Caffrey PD4106-2576
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska
Linda-4104-FL

Night Coach

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 08:03:46 PM »

This has nothing to do with batteries --- I couldn't help but notice John Z's bus serial number (PD-4104 1439).  Mine is PD-4104 1438, so our buses probably came out of the plant on the same day.  Small world. 

As for batteries, I'm using eight 6-volt AGMs by C&D Technologies.  Their web site is interesting -- www.cdtechno.com -- these batteries are normally used for standby power systems.  So far, so good.

Kirby
John Z
1959 GM PD-4104 4139 Northern Minnesota

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 08:43:27 PM »

For the time being while i look around for a DC power meter or a good deal on an inverter, i took the low buck approach and wired in a digital voltage meter to read either the bus start batteries, or my coach/house batteries.

To how low of a voltage can the batteries be taken before they should be recharged? It seems i read that you should not take them any lower than 12.00 volts, but i am not sure. What do you guys recommend?

Kirby, i think i have seen your web site, on your repower etc. It was impressive!

Custom patches, caps, t-shirts, lapel pins etc since 1994.
Silver Brook Custom Embroidery and Patches
www.silverbrook-mn.com

"Now I Know Why Turtles Look So Smug"
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2007, 04:43:44 AM »

There is a nice chart in the Phred's Poop Sheets link . . .

BATTERIES--AND OTHER ELECTRIC STUFF
phred Tinseth 1999-2002 Reproduction permitted
Web site:  http://www.phrannie.org

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: