Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 07:25:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: battery choice for house?  (Read 3202 times)
pvcces

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 09:40:40 PM »

John Z, if you really want to get some satisfaction out of your house batteries, be sure to buy and install a DC power meter.

They aren't cheap, but they take the guesswork out of your setup; you can tell when you've discharged the batteries to a given level or if one of them is going bad. There's no substitute!

Good luck with your house system.

Tom Caffrey

Tom Caffrey PD4106-2576
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska
Linda-4104-FL

Night Coach

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 08:03:46 PM »

This has nothing to do with batteries --- I couldn't help but notice John Z's bus serial number (PD-4104 1439).  Mine is PD-4104 1438, so our buses probably came out of the plant on the same day.  Small world. 

As for batteries, I'm using eight 6-volt AGMs by C&D Technologies.  Their web site is interesting -- www.cdtechno.com -- these batteries are normally used for standby power systems.  So far, so good.

Kirby
John Z
1959 GM PD-4104 4139 Northern Minnesota

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 08:43:27 PM »

For the time being while i look around for a DC power meter or a good deal on an inverter, i took the low buck approach and wired in a digital voltage meter to read either the bus start batteries, or my coach/house batteries.

To how low of a voltage can the batteries be taken before they should be recharged? It seems i read that you should not take them any lower than 12.00 volts, but i am not sure. What do you guys recommend?

Kirby, i think i have seen your web site, on your repower etc. It was impressive!

Custom patches, caps, t-shirts, lapel pins etc since 1994.
Silver Brook Custom Embroidery and Patches
www.silverbrook-mn.com

"Now I Know Why Turtles Look So Smug"
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2007, 04:43:44 AM »

There is a nice chart in the Phred's Poop Sheets link . . .

BATTERIES--AND OTHER ELECTRIC STUFF
phred Tinseth 1999-2002 Reproduction permitted
Web site:  http://www.phrannie.org

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: