Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 05:48:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MCI back-up light switch  (Read 1352 times)
ChuckMC8

1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM

Ignore
« on: April 26, 2006, 05:36:34 PM »

On MC8,  I can see the switch on the shifter on the transmission, and I assume that is the neutral saftey switch......or is that the backup light switch?.....is there two different switches,or is that one switch on the transmission linkage (at the trans) handle both jobs? The neutral saftey switch connects ground when in neutral and the backup light switch does the same function when in reverse.....But it's too wet to block the bus up and launch an 'under bus expedition' to smoke it out.......I can't figure out the switch arrangment....anyone able to help?  Thanks Chuck Lott

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 03:44:17 AM »

Chuck,
    That is the neutral switch.  The reverse switch is a pressure switch that is connected into the reverse pressure circuit and located on the drivers side of the transmission, near the pan (The sender  near the top on the drivers side is for a transmission temperature gauge). It is only activated when the engine is running and the tranmission is in reverse. When we replaced the OEM bus wiring we connected our new back-up lights (2 driving lights set into the rear bumper) to a switch on the dash that has a flashing red indicator light. This enables us to use the back-up light for connecting to a power pole, hitching toad, etc without the engine running and the bus in reverse.  Hope this helps, Jack
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 03:46:20 AM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
ChuckMC8

1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 04:30:23 AM »

Thanks Jack- That should get me moving forward!  Chuck

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
darrenayres

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 05:59:09 AM »

Ha! I got it! 'Moving forward to fix the back-up light! Grin  Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: