Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
December 14, 2017, 02:54:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parting out 4106 - maybe  (Read 2015 times)
Fred Mc

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2017, 01:04:05 PM »

What is  the auction link?
Scott & Heather
Scott & Heather's buses: MCI-9 & MCI-102

MCI-9 & MCI-102

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2017, 01:36:53 PM »

He posted it a couple posts up. Richard, you did the right and smart thing. If the insurance company is giving you a fair value for the coach, you do not want to be dealing with transporting and trying to sell it piece by piece. If you actually want to go out and travel with your new coach and have a life, you don't want to pay money to the insurance company to buy the old one, plus the money to tow it to your property and then it sits there and rots because you just won't be able to sell it to anyone cause they don't want to deal with transport costs either. Wise move on your part. I could learn a thing or two from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI 9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise (SOLD)
1992 MCI 102C3 8v92-turbo with 8 inch roof raise CURRENT HOME
Click link for 900 photos of our 1st bus conversion:
https://goo.gl/photos/GVtNRniG2RBXPuXW9
pd4501-771
Tom McNally

PD4501-771 "All 43 seats.....still a bus !"

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2017, 02:48:37 PM »

The bummer about Copart  is one has to be a member of their group (or know someone that is). They requires licenses, etc. I did a little research about a Copart auction for a Scenicruiser that had suffered a bad interior fire a few months ago. There are several logistical hurdles it seems as well, as vehicles have to be removed something like three days after sale date. Easy for a guy in the salvage or bus business, not so easy for a hobbyist to pull off from three states away. I called the yard where the cruiser was in Michigan, and the gal would not even tell me if it sold (let alone to whom). I would guess for $700 minimum bid, a scrapper got it. oh well, win some....lose some I guess.

PD4501-771
PD4501-1001
PD4104-3462
PD3751-686

If you know of the whereabouts of a PD4501 Scenicruiser - I would like to add the serial number to my registry of surviving Scenics.  www.tomsgarageonline.com
richard5933

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2017, 03:13:39 PM »

...Richard, you did the right and smart thing. ...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

May have been the right thing. May have been the expedient thing. May have been the most financially sound thing. But, it was by no means the easiest thing.

Richard
1974 GMC P8M4108a-125 (Current Bus)
1964 GM PD4106-2412
Located in beautiful Wisconsin
KD9GRB
wildbob24

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2017, 05:02:06 PM »

The bummer about Copart  is one has to be a member of their group (or know someone that is). They requires licenses, etc. I did a little research about a Copart auction for a Scenicruiser that had suffered a bad interior fire a few months ago. There are several logistical hurdles it seems as well, as vehicles have to be removed something like three days after sale date. Easy for a guy in the salvage or bus business, not so easy for a hobbyist to pull off from three states away. I called the yard where the cruiser was in Michigan, and the gal would not even tell me if it sold (let alone to whom). I would guess for $700 minimum bid, a scrapper got it. oh well, win some....lose some I guess.

Yes, not only do you have to have a license, you need a license in the state where your desired vehicle is. I have a Copart license in Georgia and it is only good in Georgia. Canít be used in any other state.

The other bad thing about Copart is they fee you to death. Over and above the hammer price, there are internet fees, gate fees, loading fees and like Tom said, storage fees if you donít promptly remove the vehicle. Not really a place for the casual buyer.

They do have a program where an unlicensed buyer can use a local broker to buy for them, but, of course, that costs extra, as well.

Looks like a lot of good parts on Richardís old bus. Maybe itíll end up somewhere it can do some good.

Bob

P8M4905A-1308, 8V71 w/V730
Custom Coach Conversion
Greenville, GA
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: