Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
December 14, 2017, 07:20:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Photo Posting Site?? -- "Photobucket" dead  (Read 2359 times)
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2017, 10:14:06 PM »

trying google photo

is there a way to put the picture up with out the link ?

just a picture of part of the remolding

dave

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
j.m.jackson

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2017, 10:53:37 AM »

windtrader:

owncloud. they've got a sync client for phones and pc's, and you run your own server.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 10:56:20 AM by j.m.jackson » Logged

1969 GMC S8M-5303 #131
windtrader

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 05:37:29 PM »

JM,

Thanks dude! So awesome. Doing this never got to the top of the to-do list but this was enough to get that single keyword to open up the subject. I assumed there were OS Dropbox systems but it is incredible how much functionality exists beyond the public ones.

owncloud has all I need, not looking for any advanced features. Primarily hosting my own storage and integrated sync and cross platform access is fine.

Doing a bit of research reveals the revolution at owncloud and the core developers started nextcloud. Initially viewing demos, I thought this looks very similar until I read more about the split.

Looking at github, the amount of energy and activity and contributors is amazing. Testament that Frank's ideology is viewed similarly by a large cut of the community. Looks like most features are same for now but like the momentum behind nextcloud.

I'm sure either would work fine for me but I'm going to install nextcloud in the next day or so. Really excited to get all my stuff back under my control.

https://www.1and1.com/digitalguide/server/know-how/owncloud-alternatives-which-host-has-the-most/

https://serenity-networks.com/goodbye-owncloud-hello-nextcloud-the-aftermath-of-disrupting-open-source-cloud-storage/

Thanks again, Don

Don F
1976 MCI/TMC MC-8 #1286
Fully converted (June 2017)
oltrunt

A fine BCM outting

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2017, 06:49:19 PM »

I sure wish I knew what you all were talking about.  All I want to do is share a few pics with other bus nuts without having to pay PB 300 bucks a year. My pics probably aren't worth enough to spring for them so Oh Well.  Jack Embarrassed
richard5933

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2017, 07:24:07 PM »

If you have an Android phone, then you can use the app called Tapatalk. Just search the app and access the BCM forum through Tapatalk. Once there, you can upload your posts with the photos using the camera or the gallery on the phone. It's pretty easy to move photos from your PC to your phone for upload from a gallery as well if you need to. Not sure, but probably something similar for those with an iPhone.

I've been using Tapatalk for a while to post photos, and it makes it pretty easy. The conversion to the proper size is automatic, and it only takes a time or two to figure out which way to hold the phone when taking the photos to get them to show up on the forum in the proper direction.

No need for links, embeds, or any other complications.

Richard
1974 GMC P8M4108a-125 (Current Bus)
1964 GM PD4106-2412
Located in beautiful Wisconsin
KD9GRB
oltrunt

A fine BCM outting

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2017, 07:52:55 PM »

Richard.  Thanks for the reply--I actually sort of get what you are saying.  I checked my AT&T ZTE phone and it doesn't have tapatalk. I'll go by the vendors tomorrow and see if they can up load it for me.  Thanks again, Jack
sledhead

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2017, 04:51:52 AM »

Donald 

thanks for putting up the picture . I have tried to do it but it must be over my pay grade , so for now you guys will have to hit the link to see them . sure am glad to be gone from the bucket thing

dave 

dave , karen
1990 mci 102c  6v92 ta ht740  kit,living room slide .... sold
2000 featherlite vogue vantare 550 hp cat
 home base huntsville ontario canada
richard5933

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2017, 07:07:18 AM »

Jack- Just go to the Play Store (Android app store) and search for the app. It's free and will install itself.

Richard
1974 GMC P8M4108A-125 (Current bus)
1964 GM PD4106-2412 (totalled Sept 2017)
KD9GRB

Richard
1974 GMC P8M4108a-125 (Current Bus)
1964 GM PD4106-2412
KD9GRB
j.m.jackson

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2017, 01:17:10 PM »

windtrader:

If you want to just run it, try out Freenas to run it on. It has a nextcloud plugin that does it all. FreeBSD base, installs to a usb drive or a pair of mirrored usb drives for boot, protects your data drives with ZFS (best FS ever) mirrored, raidZ1, Z2, three way mirror, whatever you want, and pretty much will never ever lose your data unless you delete it. I've had data in ZFS for years and years, lost drives, replaced drives, used crappy drives, and it deals with it all.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 01:19:11 PM by j.m.jackson » Logged

1969 GMC S8M-5303 #131
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 644MT Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2017, 03:39:58 PM »

Jack- Just go to the Play Store (Android app store) and search for the app. It's free and will install itself.

Jack thats on your phone, Above when you find the Play store App, open it and at the top its like a search bar. Type in TAPAtalk and click on GO or what ever to move to the App. Open the app and click Click Install and it will download to your phone. Then just wait while it does that a mixed drink is good at that point ( A Manhattan is acceptable) Then when it is done just click open and your ready to put in your Tapatalk ID and Password click remember me. That way anytime you want to go into it you won't have to enter it every time. HTH
Dave5Cs

"PATHFINDER"(Bus)
Toed 1998 Jeep TJ
windtrader

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2017, 03:54:42 PM »

jm,
Thanks for mentioning the NAS option. I have pretty much given up doing any local hosting, rather putting all my server based production work on cloud services, currently Digital Ocean or remote to client servers. Everything else I do is local Mac VM setups, VMware,, VirtualBox, MAMP, etc.

There is plenty of hardware laying around here to provision a local server, just need to consider going back to having hardware in the house to keep an eye on. You get spoiled with the cloud.

The main advantage of local hosting is cost is practically free for nearly unlimited storage with such low disc costs. The main disadvantage is access on the public side will be slow as my uplink is only 6 mbs,  reliability, and availability. Also, if I need remote admin and server is hosed, well, I'm pretty much SOL until a visit home if a remote reboot fails.

I'm doing it so no need kicking tires, just want to get it working with a simple configuration and start serving up files. Command line Linux install looks very straightforward.

Don F
1976 MCI/TMC MC-8 #1286
windtrader

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2017, 12:20:54 AM »

OK. Got nextcloud installed on a Digital Ocean Droplet server. Just starting to play around with it but I like it and decided not to local host it. The small server is only 5 bucks; I can add 100Gb for 10 more. If I start filling NC up, I may migrate to local for added storage at less cost. Here's a test shared link. Need to test device sync next. Thanks again.

Maybe we can get the BCM forum upgraded for improved image handling.

https://138.68.43.145/index.php/s/SxuRvGp7jXRScCC

Don F
1976 MCI/TMC MC-8 #1286
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2017, 06:50:27 AM »

Richard.  Thanks for the reply--I actually sort of get what you are saying.  I checked my AT&T ZTE phone and it doesn't have tapatalk. I'll go by the vendors tomorrow and see if they can up load it for me.  Thanks again, Jack

LOL and I thought I was the only cheap @$# with the $29.00 ZTE smart phone,the problem Jack our cheap phones don't have enough memory Grin but I am not paying 100's of dollars for a phone that I break or lose BTDT
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 06:57:13 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
oltrunt

A fine BCM outting

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2017, 08:26:38 AM »

Now all hopes of ever posting pictures are dashed with your revelation that my $29.95 my ZTE phone doesn't have enough memory for Tapatalk.  I hunted in the apps store on my phone but couldn't find Tapatalk in the offerings.  Now I know why.  And no, we're not cheap--just thrifty---
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2017, 08:47:53 AM »

I was told you could buy a memory card and double the memory for 15 bucks I may try that

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: