Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
December 14, 2017, 01:05:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bus for sale... not mine  (Read 718 times)
Bigtop

Ignore
« on: October 23, 2017, 09:40:58 AM »

I noticed this was still available.  It is stripped and ready for a build it looks like.
This is not my bus and I am not associated with the seller in any way, just seen it and thought I would share.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1701159563522566

Jim

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:48:13 AM by Bigtop » Logged

Jim Fulfer
PD4106-2516
8V71/?Huh
Tolono IL
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 10:29:52 AM »

I noticed this was still available.  It is stripped and ready for a build it looks like.
This is not my bus and I am not associated with the seller in any way, just seen it and thought I would share.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1701159563522566

Jim
$6,750
Viewed by 464 people
PLEASE READ THE POST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS .
This is a conversion I started . It was to be apart of a Missionary Service at a point in my life that now has changed .
It is a 1978 , It has a 4spd tranny in it . With a Silver Detroit 8v71 with Blower non turbo . I bought it 11 yrs ago . From a bus service in Memphis . I was told it had a new clutch and the Motor was fresh when they took it in on trade from the college . { They didnt give me any proof , but it ran great all the way from Memphis } It has been gutted , It has new  Virgin Goodyears . Was put on before Trade in . Has a new rear cap on rear to cover rear windows , . I have it set up for rear bed . { not installed } Bunks have been installed , not finished , I have all the windows , just in case you want to change window location . I have new steel for the driver side to dress up the black where windows was removed . It  was a southern route bus . So not rotted out . It has new floor sheeting down . I have new exterior lights for it , It is 40 ft front tag rear drive .
I have 2 roof mount AC units to go with it 
It will need new batterys  { I will buy them , IF and WHEN I have a serious buyer } For the right agreeable price >>>
It will be sold as is where is . It is road worthy with out the windows in it . Everything has a price . The more you want done to it , The more it will cost .
Please read the post before asking questions .
All tags will be deleted . Share it to the persons page .
$7500 is the price , If you don't have the money don't ask the question . Less

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
brmax

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 11:47:56 AM »

Sounds to me simply that there is the availability of a builder or constructor, it is possible that the location is also exactly that. So the pursuit of this should only be started in a professional way. I would always promote respect is earned, and respectfully first with questions of standards.
And I always like the Cardinals

Good day
Floyd

1992 MC9
6V92
Allison
Bigtop

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 11:51:35 AM »

I agree.
He seems he is wanting to unload it, and whether he buys the batteries and you pay for them, or you bring batteries is up to you.  As i re-read it though, I agree that he also is willing to continue the build for someone else if they are going to put up the money.
I'm close enough that if anyone is interested, I could arrange to go look at it to see how legit the sell is.

Jim Fulfer
PD4106-2516
8V71/?Huh
Tolono IL
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 06:21:48 PM »

You can take it with a "silver"  8V71 Huh? and write a check.  Isn't that how it works?Huh

--Geoff

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 09:32:34 AM »

New virgin Goodyears, 11 years ago...

Bus is worth scrap value, plus a small kiss if all that other stuff isn't junk.

That's the reality, the busnut hobby takes no prisoners, and offers no quarter...

Happy coaching!
Buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: