Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 09:30:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many btu's to heat my bus?  (Read 2312 times)
Tim Strommen
Electronics Geek

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 01:50:17 PM »

I posted this spreadsheet on the BNO BBS about a year ago - it was a re-vamp of a previous work I did the year before.

This spreadsheet is intended to determine the ammount of heatloading (for heating and cooling).  Graciously hosted (continually) by Jim Behr at: This Adress (self extracting zip file).

You'll need a copy of MS Excel, or the free Microsoft Excel Viewer at: This Adress

Cheers!

-Tim

Fremont, CA
1984 Gillig Phantom 40/102
DD 6V92TA (MUI, 275HP) - Allison HT740
Conversion Progress: 10% (9-years invested, 30 to go Smiley)
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 02:06:05 PM »

Thanks Tom on the kerosene heater suggestion as I know where one is stashed in a garage.

Question, as we keep our coach and lower bays warm, how is every one keeping their old DD warm?? I run the Webasto hydronic heat thru the block & coach. I am also afraid of a coolant heater hose giving out and loosing the coolant to the engine. I have not sprung the $ 500+ for the SS heater exchanger from Wrico. That would keep the two systems heated, but separate. Over nite I usually do not run the gen set. I have not plugged in the block heater to the inverter. let's see, (4) 8D batts with a 2000 watt inverter w/ 80% eff., 5 Amp draw at 120 volt on the block heater. The last is an estimate.. I do not think I have enough to operate the blk htr overnite.

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 02:35:11 PM »

Hi Gary,

How about a ProHeat and a flat plate heat exchanger to make a loop on the DD. Maybe you can figure

out a way to do it without bothering your existing heater hoses. Like, tap onto theheat pipes running in the tunnel?

The Flat Plate's can be found very cheap on e-bay.  100 to 150 dollars. We are using them for instant hot water.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: