Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 09:26:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many btu's to heat my bus?  (Read 2329 times)
Tim Strommen
Electronics Geek

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 01:50:17 PM »

I posted this spreadsheet on the BNO BBS about a year ago - it was a re-vamp of a previous work I did the year before.

This spreadsheet is intended to determine the ammount of heatloading (for heating and cooling).  Graciously hosted (continually) by Jim Behr at: This Adress (self extracting zip file).

You'll need a copy of MS Excel, or the free Microsoft Excel Viewer at: This Adress

Cheers!

-Tim

Fremont, CA
1984 Gillig Phantom 40/102
DD 6V92TA (MUI, 275HP) - Allison HT740
Conversion Progress: 10% (9-years invested, 30 to go Smiley)
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 02:06:05 PM »

Thanks Tom on the kerosene heater suggestion as I know where one is stashed in a garage.

Question, as we keep our coach and lower bays warm, how is every one keeping their old DD warm?? I run the Webasto hydronic heat thru the block & coach. I am also afraid of a coolant heater hose giving out and loosing the coolant to the engine. I have not sprung the $ 500+ for the SS heater exchanger from Wrico. That would keep the two systems heated, but separate. Over nite I usually do not run the gen set. I have not plugged in the block heater to the inverter. let's see, (4) 8D batts with a 2000 watt inverter w/ 80% eff., 5 Amp draw at 120 volt on the block heater. The last is an estimate.. I do not think I have enough to operate the blk htr overnite.

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 02:35:11 PM »

Hi Gary,

How about a ProHeat and a flat plate heat exchanger to make a loop on the DD. Maybe you can figure

out a way to do it without bothering your existing heater hoses. Like, tap onto theheat pipes running in the tunnel?

The Flat Plate's can be found very cheap on e-bay.  100 to 150 dollars. We are using them for instant hot water.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: