Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
May 22, 2018, 09:11:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at (657) 221-0432 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: furnace Dinosaur control board  (Read 466 times)
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« on: November 04, 2017, 07:08:12 AM »

My Suburban furnace quit working recently. I narrowed the problem down to the control board. It was a Dinosaur brand that I installed 6 or 7 years ago. I replaced it with a Suburban board. A Dinosaur board is around $200, a Suburban just over $100. So, since the Dinosaur, which is supposed to be so much better, didn't last any longer than the OEM board, I went with the Suburban stock board. It just doesn't have the shut the fan down if no flame feature. I don't think that is a big deal.

My question is: is it worth sending it back for repair? To Dinosaur, or some independent shop? Has anybody done that? Then I would have a spare.

Thanks.

JC

JC
Blackie AB
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
Handyjim

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 10:13:39 AM »

Contact Dinosaur in Lincoln City, Oregon. Very approachable. My furnace went out in my motorhome while I was about 40 miles away. They had me come in and they tested all my boards (original. OEM) while I watched. They narrowed the problem to something else, no charge! IIRC the tech's name was Joe. And the fan shutoff is an important addition.

JCorey
Looking, looking, looking
Toward a Conversion
chessie4905

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 10:30:05 AM »

Make sure you don't have some kind of electrical  supply or voltage spike issues. Those dinosaur boards are pretty reliable. Were developed as a more reliable replacement for the factory one with that additional nice feature.

GMC h8h 649#028 (4905)
Pennsylvania-central
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 01:15:54 PM »

Do you know any Ham radio guys?  Some of them live to find electronics problems.  They generally work for beer.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
Used to be 1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
Currently busless (and not looking)
My website
Our weblog
What's behind you doesn't matter - Enzo Ferrari
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 644MT Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 03:44:59 PM »

JC I would send it in. You can also get a remote hook up that keeps the board out of the unit. It is the heat that kills them. Our board I put in is in the next cabinet to it with the colored wiring harness they provide for a small fee. Have had it since 2009. And a Dino board.

"PATHFINDER"(Bus)
Toed 1998 Jeep TJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: