Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
December 14, 2017, 08:49:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AD2 air dryer  (Read 1067 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2017, 10:06:14 AM »

I had an AD-2 on my first truck and was easy to rebuild. I now have an AD-9 and it was old enough where the rebuild kit didn't match up. That's why I just replaced the whole thing. Good Luck, TomC

Yea parts people get the AD-4 and the 9 all mixed up sometimes while both look the same they are not BTDT

Life is short drink the good wine first
brmax

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2017, 10:41:47 AM »

Thats a good mention Tom, as there has been some upgrades on the purge valves.
Many times I found the need to remove the lines so cleaning the base with air and some brake and “electric” solvent most always, no make that always. This stuff was not harmful to rubber, I think Napa no longer makes the same product as before.

Them spin on dryers! I was lucky, had 3 before retiring, sweet. Just behind the cab on some dumps I maintained, just walk right up, no crawlin no pretzel bending. A real gem I thought with the few years experience with them.

Good Friday
Floyd

1992 MC9
6V92
Allison
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2017, 07:47:19 AM »

"No crawlin no pretzel bending." The exact reason for switching to a truck conversion. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2017, 06:56:07 AM »

Another option is to upgrade to an AD-IP or some other spin on replaceable cartridge style/make dryer. Bendix is not the only player in the market.
Then the desiccant can be service in <10 minutes.   

I did (but "some other" in that I went with the Bendix AD-IS}, but then again, I was working with a situation where there was never any air dryer on my bus and I was starting from scratch and the issue of existing brackets, fittings, valve lines, etc. didn't come up.  Also, I was replacing just about everything on the air system on my bus so I just designed a system (with the help of Bendix tech info and advice from the instructor at Bendix brake school) to take advantage of the isolated pressure ports on the AD-IS.  It doesn't make any difference Melbo and his needs, but there it is.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: