Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 06:46:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sure Flo Took a Crap  (Read 1216 times)
captain ron

« on: February 01, 2007, 12:07:59 PM »

My sureflo water pump died on me today. it was just over a year old and I've had trouble with them before not lasting much more than a year. My bus didn't even have water in it or start to be used other than toilet till march last year, so it has very little use. any ideas how to maybe fix it? or any body got a spare that works?
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 01:10:37 PM »

Capt. Ron,

Bring it to a camping world and exchange it.  My sureflo smart sensor has a 3 year warranty.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 01:23:24 PM »

What died?  Motor?  Pump?

I'd suggest you contact the company's customer service if whether it is under warranty or not. They might surprise you.

If they don't make good on it, I'd suggest you look at an AquaJet variable speed pump.

You didn't indicate what model, warranty, installation, filters, or other information. Do you have a screen on the input? Do you have a pressure tank in your water system? 

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 01:45:45 PM »

Grumpy is right in that you may look to an external reason before installing an new pump with the old results.
Another question would be as to what voltage is / was available at the pump ?? It may have over heated with a low voltage if your house bank went to a low voltage...
Crap in the pump will lock it up causing it to over  heat ( crap out) .
I agree that if you take it back, the store knowing that you need another may work with you.

Good Luck
P.S.
Mine is a SurFlo variable speed, works well.

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 05:59:32 PM »

Ron, sometimes after mine sits a while I have to tap it with a screw driver. Then its ok. The only times I've had problems, its been the switch. Once on a trip I had to bypass the switch with a couple wires I ran into the bathroom and touched togather to get me home. Try the pressure adjustment screw if tapping it doesn't work.

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
captain ron

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 06:29:11 PM »

Tried all 3. I went and got the fittings I need to hook up to city water. Will do that in the morning and will buy me some time. not leaving the park till feb 2
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 07:14:32 PM »

Tried all 3. I went and got the fittings I need to hook up to city water. Will do that in the morning and will buy me some time. not leaving the park till feb 2

Um... tomorrow IS Feb 2 !!

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
captain ron

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 09:16:56 PM »

Thanks Gumpy, Guess I'll stay till March 2nd
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 03:57:17 AM »

I have two Shurflo Whisper Kings (they are quieter but you can still hear them) that I installed in 1995 that I have done nothing to them, not even clean the filter (you can see inside the filter, nothing to clean [I assume you also have a filter on the intake side?]).  Maybe they're just not making them as well now (wouldn't be a surprise).  If you do get a new pump, consider the variable speed.  Heard nothing but good since they would stop pulsing.  That was the theory behind me using two pumps, and to a large degree it does stop the pulsing since both pumps do not operate exactly the same (but it is amazing how close they are since they almost simultaneously both turn off at the same time).  Then with two hooked up in parallel, you'll have increased flow and the redundancy of two pumps.  Two of the Whisper Kings will cost less than one variable speed.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 02:57:38 PM »

TomC
Hit on something which I encountered on a recent trip. I did not have water at the kitch. faucet, but I had flow in the bath sink & toilet?? Four hours later I pulled and cleaned the areator screen on the kitch faucet and it worked like a champ. The pump clear filter was very clean in appearance, and I still do not know where the crap came from... Maybe it could be a filter some where and not the pump??  Or just wishful thinking...

Have a great super bowl weekend...

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: