Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
December 16, 2017, 02:47:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tommy Kaylor Bus Repair, Good or Bad ??  (Read 563 times)
scanzel

Ignore
« on: November 15, 2017, 04:09:39 AM »

Looking to retire June 2018 and hit the road but I would like to have a complete suspension check on my Prevost checked out, brakes, etc. The Prevost service center in New Jersey is one choice but might be real costly because it's Prevost. Is Tommy Kaylor's reputable. I live in Connecticut so I am looking for someone within the east coast. We have Datco bus locally but I am not to sure about them I feel I may have been hit $$ when I first purchased the bus and had some fixes needing done. Thank you.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 07:21:38 AM »

Suggest you contact Luke at US Coach in NJ. He has a good reputation in the bus community. I'm sure if he can't do it, he can recommend someone.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 08:53:06 AM »

Never heard of Tommy Kaylor, but Sam Kaylor in KC is quite well known and a good place to go.
But for east coast Luke @ US Coach is THE PLACE to go.
Grin  BK  Grin
brmax

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 06:54:37 AM »

I havent met Tommy Kaylor although have seen his ad above in the forum contributor
Ad space.

The two have a bit different spelling in their name.

Sam Caylor, Caylor Supply in Kansas. Hope that helps.

Good day
Floyd

1992 MC9
6V92
Allison
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 06:58:52 AM »

Hi Steve,

Tommy Kaylor is a good mechanic however, since your coming down from Berlin CT, I would recommend Luke at US Coach.

Regards
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
bigred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 02:49:29 PM »

Looking to retire June 2018 and hit the road but I would like to have a complete suspension check on my Prevost checked out, brakes, etc. The Prevost service center in New Jersey is one choice but might be real costly because it's Prevost. Is Tommy Kaylor's reputable. I live in Connecticut so I am looking for someone within the east coast. We have Datco bus locally but I am not to sure about them I feel I may have been hit $$ when I first purchased the bus and had some fixes needing done. Thank you.
        If you would like to do a road trip to N C ,I can line you up a guy that does the work on mine !! Convenient to I-77.I have been pleased with the work he has done for me ,and I doubt that you could beat his prices.Just him and his wife and he does all the work himself .Don't know about this year ,but last year he was in the doldrums abut this time so might be a good time .

Rhet Raby           137 Elk Mtn Rd       Asheville N c 28804             1993 Prevost XL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: