Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
December 15, 2017, 04:27:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bay Door Adjustment on a Prevost XL  (Read 355 times)
bigred

Ignore
« on: November 18, 2017, 04:24:21 PM »

Saw where Richard asked for this info for his 4108.Some of the bay doors on my Prevy are leaking bad.Is there any thing I need to know before I tackle adjusting These things Huh

Rhet Raby           137 Elk Mtn Rd       Asheville N c 28804             1993 Prevost XL
Gerry H

1992 Prevost LeMirage XL-40 8V92 740 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 04:38:56 AM »

Hello Big Red: I put all new luggage bay door gaskets on my 92. bought them from Prevost. Don't know about adjusting, but mine were all deteriorated. They are self stick or I used some 3m weather stripping adhesive from NAPA. Also replaced my entry door gasket while at it. Gerry H

Forest Lake, Minnesota
Land of 10,000 mosquitoes and a few cool buses
bigred

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 07:59:26 AM »

Thanks Gerry .I may need to do the same thing.Thing is the gaskets look good on mine ,but the latches will lack the bin doors with hardly any resistance which makes me think they may need adjusting .F DS is the worst one.

Rhet Raby           137 Elk Mtn Rd       Asheville N c 28804             1993 Prevost XL
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 06:55:57 AM »

loosen catch on lock mechanism move toward center of coach. tighten. Try-this should make door not only lock better but pull doors to seal. Get it to tight just back off. two per door.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 07:15:36 AM »

I have a set of bay doors and engine compartment from a Xll with the stainless rub rails if you guys ever bang up a door lol I need them gone.I have the complete coach control panel from a Country Coach Prevost if anybody needs one also   
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 07:18:12 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
bigred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 02:58:11 PM »

I have a set of bay doors and engine compartment from a Xll with the stainless rub rails if you guys ever bang up a door lol I need them gone.I have the complete coach control panel from a Country Coach Prevost if anybody needs one also   
       Cliff : Do you per chance have the CC lighting control board ? This is the one that is in the lower compartment under the drivers seat.One of those little relays has burned to a cinder and has blackened the board .All the lights are working ,but cant turn the lighted switches off !!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: